Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Whatever falls it will be fun later, as its going to drop below zero quickly.

Snowing in Uxbridge right now. I think it might be time for me to get myself on the road...

I'm appreciating the irony of the snow starting around the same time that the Metoffice app removed snow for this evening from the Uxbridge forecast.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Got very dark in Horsham in the last 20 minutes or so, nothing coming out of the sky yet though

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Nothing in South Woodham where relatives live, still rattling down here. Going to be really interesting when it freezes over later, no doubt nil plans for gritting, even it stops now it'll be like a skating rink.
Brief effort at snow here (3 miles from Saffron Walden, north Essex) an hour or so ago. Now sleet.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Hail in Liverpool. A tiny misting of snow in Cheshire, but about to ice over.

Can' wait for tomorrow morning's rush hour.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Showed in Caterham a couple of times today about 4pm and 6pm, didn't settle. Forecast for snow at 4am, sadly my workplace is only a two minute walk from home so no excuses for non attendance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know we've been here before, but there are signals for snow next week.... but the general pattern is still the same, so snow is always more likely further north and at altitude

Brighton Snow new 2.PNG

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Seems a bit cold zonality at this stage, anyway it will be nice to see more falling snow (even if it doesn't actually stay for very long!) As we look across with jealousy at what the US Midwest has in store for next week, although maybe it's a bit too cold to experience! Don't really fancy literally freezing to death if outside for too long!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I wouldn’t mind a bit of snow at this precise moment. Days of 40°+ are a little too warm.

44° just now:cool:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The game is up isn't it ? The sudden warming event 3-4 weeks ago matieralised into nothing, the East did not follow although it was a 75% chance. We have had some chillier weather with a NW flow and at least a dew decent frosts this month and a couple of - 5 c nights so not a total disaster for cold lovers but any snow ? no not a single flake. The forecast is more of the same with occasional slightly cold spells and night frosts, next week not as cold and no signs at all of any snow event. Eastern europe is also much warmer now. So all in all a pretty shockingly poor winter with a couple of weeks window down here for any real cold and it just is not happening. Let's hope 19/20 is better

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here