Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

He still hasn’t said Basketball is better than football. I’d rather watch a rubbish Pixar movie than a drab 0-0 between two teams I don’t support. That is not the same as me saying kids movies are better than football.

I’m genuinely not sure if you’re misinterpreting his point on purpose or just being pretty dim. I thought his point was pretty obvious, so I’m not quite sure how you’ve got to “you disagree with me so go and find another forum to use”. Each to their own though chief.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You're in a thread about the NBA. So obviously YOU care.

Why the **** are you in a thread about the NBA when you don't care?
It's a thread taking the piss out of the NBA, titled 'NBA - oh god no... '.

None of us care that you seem to like basketball more than football. What we (certainly the thread starter) care about is our sports channel being polluted with this shit.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's a thread taking the piss out of the NBA, titled 'NBA - oh god no... '.

None of us care that you seem to like basketball more than football. What we (certainly the thread starter) care about is our sports channel being polluted with this shit.

Long may it keep polluting the screens then.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is, like really well known.

You'll literally get hundreds upon hundreds of results if you type in buzzer beater on youtube.

There's a world outside of Eastbourne.
Again, well known if you are into that sort of thing. Your mind works in a very strange way if you think living in Eastbourne has anything to do with anything. If i type the phrase 'didacts and narpets' into Google, I get 'literally hundreds of results'. So I suppose you and most others have heard of that? Perhaps your world view is the limited one as you seem to need to exaggerate the importance of basketball?

I have not criticised basketball once in this thread btw but was fascinated by 'buzzer beater'.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Again, well known if you are into that sort of thing. Your mind works in a very strange way if you think living in Eastbourne has anything to do with anything. If i type the phrase 'didacts and narpets' into Google, I get 'literally hundreds of results'. So I suppose you and most others have heard of that? Perhaps your world view is the limited one as you seem to need to exaggerate the importance of basketball?

I have not criticised basketball once in this thread btw but was fascinated by 'buzzer beater'.

I typed didacts and narpets into Youtube for a comparison and got a few results. So came up a bit short on that one.

However now I shall listen to a Rush song.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I watched by fair share of NBA when I was in the US, mainly at MSG because the Knicks were shit and tickets were dirt cheap.

Basketball can be excruciatingly dull when it’s a one sided game but the last couple of minutes of a close game can be some of the most gripping in sport.

What amused me was the build up to the game. The Knicks are still shit despite Phil Jackson’s efforts and this game would have been pretty much ignored in the US - instead it was treated like some amazing, hyper important game in the press.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
some people will watch poker , course fishing or even cricket on telly ...i think i would take basketball over any of those any day.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Heat fan myself (long before LeBron before you ask).

Yeah sure :rolleyes:

I jest, what do you think about Wade retiring? Its been a while since I've watched the heat but I thought he'd be playing for longer.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Yeah sure :rolleyes:

I jest, what do you think about Wade retiring? Its been a while since I've watched the heat but I thought he'd be playing for longer.
I did follow another player over to the Heat, Tim Hardaway in '96.

Wade is a legend but his time has come, we need to find the next star now. Thought Pat Riley would have worked his magic by now!

So who's your team?

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I thought your boys would be doing better this season. Got a decent team

Heat fan myself (long before LeBron before you ask).

Was always a chance this would happen. Hayward coming back, young players still inconsistent, Kyrie still not quite on page with rest of team, Horford can't miss games or the team struggles etc

As the old saying goes, it's a marathon not a sprint. On their day they can beat anyone so that always means they are a show come finals.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Was always a chance this would happen. Hayward coming back, young players still inconsistent, Kyrie still not quite on page with rest of team, Horford can't miss games or the team struggles etc

As the old saying goes, it's a marathon not a sprint. On their day they can beat anyone so that always means they are a show come finals.
I'm a big fan of Hayward, good pick up when he gets fully firing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here