Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia - another belting game

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Belting is a bit OTT for me.

Little bit clumsy in possession, but felt he performed the best of our offensive players (I.e. Murray, Gross and March).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'm on my own thinking JL had an average game?? your sure about that? I guess you just need to take a look at the match ratings threads and see for yourself. There are plenty who gave "Average" marks.

Perhaps they are "Anti Locadia" too?

Certainly in a minority, I’d say. I think big Jurg’s Really warming to me, too!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Belting is a bit OTT for me.

Little bit clumsy in possession, but felt he performed the best of our offensive players (I.e. Murray, Gross and March).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, my thoughts too. He has certainly come of age, but for some reason I was expecting him to be somewhat quicker than he was yesterday, but that might simply be because the defenders were so fast.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, my thoughts too. He has certainly come of age, but for some reason I was expecting him to be somewhat quicker than he was yesterday, but that might simply be because the defenders were so fast.

Would help if he had faster players around him than Murray and Gross and yes Liverpool defenders are very fast. Did you notice Gross trying to chase a ball down and being left for dead by the Liverpool player or Knocky being outpaced and robbed of the ball when in full stride? That’s what 30/40/70 million a player buys you

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Certainly in a minority, I’d say. I think big Jurg’s Really warming to me, too!

In your dreams :lolol:

I would imagine one thing that has changed immeasurably is Jurg's attitude. Rather than having spent most of the last 9 months in the gym and training pitch, I recon the club has put him on the equivalent of the 'Ace Rimmer' training that Arnold was put through in Red Dwarf; learning how to commune with the universe, harness his inner zen, and appreciate other types of music, including jazz. That followed by humility training, and advanced self-effacement. Now we have a cracking team player.

Ace-Rimmer-001_6873.jpg

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I wouldn't say it was belting but it's about the service he receives in the end. He has a great understanding and chemistry with Pröpper and Murray, and his hold up play and strength is excellent.

I get the feeling he wanted to be the star of the show early on, the lone striker, but I suspect Hughton has words since his Dutch media debacle and he's come on so well!

Establishing himself now as a 'must not leave out' player in the squad.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
In your dreams :lolol:

I would imagine one thing that has changed immeasurably is Jurg's attitude. Rather than having spent most of the last 9 months in the gym and training pitch, I recon the club has put him on the equivalent of the 'Ace Rimmer' training that Arnold was put through in Red Dwarf; learning how to commune with the universe, harness his inner zen, and appreciate other types of music, including jazz. That followed by humility training, and advanced self-effacement. Now we have a cracking team player.

View attachment 103750
How did you know?! :ohmy:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see he's getting generally good reviews, but in light of the flak he took until very recently, I thought it was worth drawing attention to his play today.

• Physical when he needed to be, with great hold up play.
  • Lovely lay-offs.
  • A barnstorming footrace in the first half cut short by a cheating lino.
  • Sees a pass as well as anyone in our team.
  • He looks ungainly, but his pace worried a defence who have only conceded 10 goals all season.

I was one of those who doubted him - I don't now.

Kudos Chris for finding JL's mojo and good on you Brighton's second most famous DJ.

To be honest l never did doubt him, just felt he needed the chance to play and get a few games under his belt, which he is finally managing to do.

That said he did ok yesterday, not the best of our players but certainly not the worst. I thought it was difficult to name a man of the match, as no one player particularly stood out for me.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Couple of decent flicks with his head too which surprised me. Probably susprised himself [emoji38]ol:
This! He's obviously learned to head a ball and seemed better at it than Murray at times!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I really like his consistent ability to keep possession, get his head up, and find a sensible progressive pass.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Average by what standard? We were against the league leaders, and he did fine - which is pretty much all we can hope for against the best in the league.

The post of a user who can't admit they might have been too judgemental.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
He again looked our best attacking outlet
Also he loses the ball less than other forwards

We need to use Jurgen more
Would like to se him with Florin and Solly or Knocky in next game

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Would help if he had faster players around him than Murray and Gross and yes Liverpool defenders are very fast. Did you notice Gross trying to chase a ball down and being left for dead by the Liverpool player or Knocky being outpaced and robbed of the ball when in full stride? That’s what 30/40/70 million a player buys you

I am 41 years old and I reckon I could outpace Gross to be fair.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Average by what standard? We were against the league leaders, and he did fine - which is pretty much all we can hope for against the best in the league.

Not sure why its so difficult for some here to understand........he had an average game, which means, he did fine!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here