Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres stars for Sweden against Iceland today at 4.45pm

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So he has scored an international goal before a domestic first team goal...some sort of record? How did he play? I personally think he will be more than useful!

Well done Viktor....

TNBA

TTF

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
However, so many on here and Twitter feel he isn't ready for 1st team squad involvement..... I feel he is a dangerous option for us to throw in against most opposition... 15 or 20 mins.. let him fly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
However, so many on here and Twitter feel he isn't ready for 1st team squad involvement..... I feel he is a dangerous option for us to throw in against most opposition... 15 or 20 mins.. let him fly.

Could you let me know who on here thinks he isn't ready for 1st team involvement as I haven't seen anything that says that, you might be right on twitter of course but I don't get involved with that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could you let me know who on here thinks he isn't ready for 1st team involvement as I haven't seen anything that says that, you might be right on twitter of course but I don't get involved with that

Couldn't name names, but there definitely have been a few (maybe one or two, but I think a bit more than that) have poo-poo'd the idea of playing any of our youth team members in the first team because they are years away from being old/big/strong/good enough, or in some cases because they haven't got any PL experience.

There is one obvious suspect .................................

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

There are obvious pointers here. The 'Team Management' knows best!
Locadia was being roundly abused a couple of months back; but obviously those in the know knew he was the real deal. As I think it is turning out?
Gyokere's should, in all reality, be behind Aaron Connolly in the pecking order but again, I tend to think that those in the know, know he has great number 9 potential.
He is only 20 and a 1/2 years old and will have some bulking up and probably growth still to do. No surprise to me if he doesn't get quite a few 'on from the bench' outings over the next three months or so. Difficult I know because we have three fit and in-form front men, but if he gets a chance I think he will take it.
Also CH's assertion that VG will be staying-put makes me think that the Club believe he could be the 'real deal'.
I do hope so, and I also hope Aaron Connolly makes it for us and we have opulence in abundance as options in the striking department.

TNBA

TTF

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Locadia was being roundly abused a couple of months back but obviously those in the know knew he was the real deal, so I think it is turning out.
Gyokere's should in all reality be behind Aaron Connolly in the pecking order but again, I tend to think that those in the know , know he has great number 9 potential. He is only 20 and a 1/2 years old and will have some bulking up and probably growth still to do. No surprise to me if he doesn't get quite a few 'on from the bench' outings over the next three monthsor so. Difficult I know because we have three fit and in-form front men but if he gets a chance, I think he will take it.
Also CH's assertion that VG will be staying put makes me think that the Club believe he could be the real deal.

I do hope so, as I hope Aaron Connolly also makes it for us and we have opulent options in the striking department.

TNBA

TTF

The real deal?!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Locadia was being roundly abused a couple of months back; but obviously those in the know knew he was the real deal. As I think it is turning out?
Gyokere's should, in all reality, be behind Aaron Connolly in the pecking order but again, I tend to think that those in the know, know he has great number 9 potential.
He is only 20 and a 1/2 years old and will have some bulking up and probably growth still to do. No surprise to me if he doesn't get quite a few 'on from the bench' outings over the next three months or so. Difficult I know because we have three fit and in-form front men, but if he gets a chance I think he will take it.
Also CH's assertion that VG will be staying-put makes me think that the Club believe he could be the 'real deal'.
I do hope so, and I also hope Aaron Connolly makes it for us and we have opulence in abundance as options in the striking department.

TNBA

TTF

Some good points here. The clamour from some for our u23s to start is becoming tiresome. If it's the case that we're safe with several games to play, then that's the time to start experimenting with them. For that's what it is, an experiment. We've now got a really strong squad, and Bruno now rarely gets a look-in, ditto Knockaert despite the fact that we've got two wingers injured/away. Andone has only started four games. Bissouma hasn't featured since another quality performance away at Bournemouth. Yet, apparently our u23s should be featuring. I'd rather that they: go out on loan to get some experience; get on the bench when there's injuries in their position (a la Sanders today, Gyokeres the other day); get some Cup outings; and get eased in if it's appropriate towards the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here