Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Don't agree that we are not good enough. We turned over United. Several players just not playing with passion and energy.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk
We beat UTD. We've one one game in 14 or something!! Might as well have been a 6-0 win at the Etihad- means nothing in the grand scale of things. Our form over the last half dozen games have been very worrying.
Thank **** for the likes of Newcastle.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We’re playing at HOME to a team in the middle of a ‘mini crisis’, low on confidence and with their 3rd choice keeper and we haven’t had a shot?! Shocking performance, we’ve not even defended that well and could be 2/3 down if it wasn’t for Matty and them being wasteful.

Why haven’t we learnt lessons from the last 2 games?

Exactly this. And when we have had possession, we've given it away so cheaply again. So frustrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have to come out now, like Southampton. If we are seen as pushovers at home to anyone it will be a very long season....

If we play like that we’ll be on the end of a thumping. This is Spurs not shit Southampton, big difference. I’m sure we’ll take a few risks but the game plan will not change

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We don’t look remotely like scoring.

A Spurs goal was coming regardless of whether it was a pen or not.

Btw I’m in the WSL with 4 Spurs fans right in front of me. How does this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If they’re taking the piss have them hooked.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I feel like I'm the only person somewhat pleased with this performance. We have been so hard to break down defensively, and we are unlucky to be behind.

If I see the same kind of performance in the second half now we're one nil down, I'll join in with the moaners too... but I'm confident we won't.

You’re not the only person pleased with it , I’m sure CH was too

So two of you

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We basically let them settle and gain confidence. We should have been sent out to utterly annihilate them from the start. Whip in cross after cross, get in their faces. Instead we said 'okay guys, you're under pressure and out of form, so we'll just sit back- you take as long as you want to get yourselves a bit of confidence.'.
Third time is three games we haven't been sent out with the proper mentality.

The in their faces football, with a couple of players giving support to Murray, worked twice against ManU and also Arsenal. Out of the blocks. AT HOME.

CH wins nothing from this today, just a silly award for GD not too damaged. AT HOME.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We can't play this way every week showing too much respect to teams. If this is how CH played at Norwich I understand why fans got fed up with him

I’m fed up already

It’s boring . I pay to watch football , not an attack vs defence training session

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Don't agree that we are not good enough. We turned over United. Several players just not playing with passion and energy.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

United are dreadful and play with no pace. Arsenal were similar last season. They really suit us. Spurs and, specifically, Liverpool play with lots of pace and do not suit us.
Apples and oranges.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The in their faces football, with a couple of players giving support to Murray, worked twice against ManU and also Arsenal. Out of the blocks. AT HOME.

CH wins nothing from this today, just a silly award for GD not too damaged. AT HOME.

And we're good at it. When we've done that we've played well. Why do Spurs deserve more respect than United and Arsenal? They don't.
We can't start playing at home the way we do away.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I’m fed up already

It’s boring . I pay to watch football , not an attack vs defence training session

Not fed up but will be if this is the same second half and it stays 1-0. Happy with a draw even if its boring.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Exactly. We've shown that we can, at home, give the top sides a tough game. I can't believe we set up the way we did that first half at home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here