Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So it turns out that Anthony Knockaert really IS better than Ozil...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Deserved to be forgiven. Thought he played really well. Presumably that sub was purely to have some fresh legs in front of Bruno at a point when the team was tiring. So fully justified to be fed up when he was enjoying himself and great that he cares so much.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
You can tell he wasn't truly angry the moment the final whistle went and he ran onto the pitch like a giddy schoolboy a la Sheffield Wednesday at home last year!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Really pleased that he has come Good the last two games. He has stopped trying to dribble every time and is looking for a pass.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
As strops go this was quite good and i can't say i'm unhappy about it as it simply shows just how much he wants it , Hughton got it spot on yesterday and Knocky will wake up today knowing exactly that , and we move on .

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Yeah I have absolutely no problem with his reaction, and I don't think CH does either. The only thing I would object to is if he damaged one of those nice seats in the dugout with his strop. :wink: When someone is Championship player of the year like he was, there should really not be any doubt that he can cut it in the premier league, lets hope he carries on his form, we have danger down both wings now consistently.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I have to say that good as he and Izquierdo are going forward, it's their defensive work that's really impressive.

They are obviously very gifted footballers but the way they get up and down the line going forwards AND backwards (Arsenal take note), is what makes them (and Solly) so good.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
The way he skipped on to the pitch afterwards to celebrate shows there's no real unhappiness behind the strop, just emotion at wanting to do his best for the team.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with the comments above, but he still needs to improve his decision making. A number of occasions yesterday when he held on to the ball for too long, one of them in a defensive situation which could have resulted in a goal.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Really pleased that he has come Good the last two games. He has stopped trying to dribble every time and is looking for a pass.

Izquierdo could learn a thing there.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He wouldn't be the player who can do what he does without the attitude, I think. It's all part of the package, and if you're prepared to turn a blind eye to the lows you see some epic highs.

Keith the Kipper

Feb 27, 2010
Worthing
Knockaert = cares passionately for the team and the club. Ozil = shows no passion or effort for his team or club . I know Ozil is the better technical player but their is only one of them who I would want playing for the Albion and we've got him .

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Knockaert = cares passionately for the team and the club. Ozil = shows no passion or effort for his team or club . I know Ozil is the better technical player but their is only one of them who I would want playing for the Albion and we've got him .

Ozil was shocking yesterday, totally disinterested in the whole game glad we do not have £42m passengers in our team.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He wouldn't be the player who can do what he does without the attitude, I think. It's all part of the package, and if you're prepared to turn a blind eye to the lows you see some epic highs.

Spot on.

For better or worse he puts every emotion on display, if you're going to lap up the highs you have to accept the lows. I love that he cares so much, he wants to spend every second on the pitch.

D

Deleted member 2719

I can understand Knocky frustration yesterday, as it did seem a bizarre substitution at the time, I just hope Chris forgives him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He had a really good game yesterday, particularly in the first half. And so did Issy. As has been said, they way they both tracked back to cover spaces left when Arsenal (very occasionally) counter attacked was great to see.

Both know their jobs and both respect CH instructions and their team mates enough to play both attacking and defending roles.

What a great day.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Last few games he's really been back on it. Great to see. Love his angry Gallic attitude ! Mini Cantona !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here