Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
[tweet]869581825806618624[/tweet]

I don't agree it should have made headlines because the guy is relatively low profile, but that is shocking stuff. The national debt is a widely reported figure and I would have thought important for every politician to know.

A better example is the Chancellor's 20bn HS2 gaffe, which surely should have at least been reported, let alone made headline BBC news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You keep quoting that and I don't understand why. Surely it's a good thing when someone considers a change in situation and changes their mind rather than saying "I support this party and I will support this party until I die no matter what happens"? I think a lot of us had no faith in Corbyn for a while but he's transformed himself and is becoming a really good leader of the party.

Mainly because [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] seems to be the worst kind of left-blinkered hypocrite. And it amuses me, of course. I might place the quote on the top of the site for the next 10 days or so - it will save me having to dig it out a few times a day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The logical answer is that EU subsidies and grants aren't helping the man on the street. If you're unemployed and live in South Wales or the North East why would you give a sh*t that the EU granted the local council £X's to piss up the wall on a scheme that didn't help you, or toll roads that you can't afford to use (applicable on the continent)

Fair point...it just smacked of the " what did the Romans ever do for us" argument. But yes, if a council applied for a housing grant and spunked it on a mural on the side of council offices, I would be pissed off too.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Mainly because [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] seems to be the worst kind of left-blinkered hypocrite. And it amuses me, of course. I might place the quote on the top of the site for the next 10 days or so - it will save me having to dig it out a few times a day.

Just because someone changes their opinion on something or someone, it doesn't make them a "left-blinkered hypocrite" It would make him more of a hypocrite if he stuck to a view he no longer believed. You posting the same quote every day speaks louder of you than him...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not surprised Corbyn forgot his figures. Labour have made so many promises, no human being on the planet could be expected to keep a handle on them all.

Labours election strategy? - think of something popular - then promise it!

I'm getting really excited - if Labour win the Election, then everything for the rest of my life will be FREE and I'll never need to work again.

...tempered by the thought that the next Home Secretary will be Diane Abbott....probably more scary a thought than boris as foreign secretary.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
...tempered by the thought that the next Home Secretary will be Diane Abbott....probably more scary a thought than boris as foreign secretary.

Yup. And McDonnell the Marxist at number 11. You're a classics man, [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION]. How would you describe that triumvirate?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]869581825806618624[/tweet]

I don't agree it should have made headlines because the guy is relatively low profile, but that is shocking stuff. The national debt is a widely reported figure and I would have thought important for every politician to know.

A better example is the Chancellor's 20bn HS2 gaffe, which surely should have at least been reported, let alone made headline BBC news.

He should have known the figure there or there abouts

Its amazing how the Tories have decided to take the Brexit gamble with our country in the state its in. A bit like having all your credit cards max'd out and putting a gamble on the horses hoping its all going to come good

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just because someone changes their opinion on something or someone, it doesn't make them a "left-blinkered hypocrite" It would make him more of a hypocrite if he stuck to a view he no longer believed. You posting the same quote every day speaks louder of you than him...

I didn't say because he changes his opinion on something or someone it makes him a left-blinkered hypocrite. I just believe he is just a left-blinkered hypocrite. Hope that helps.

Anyway, has he changed his view? Who knows. He was on here sticking the knife into Corbyn, despite previously calling all and sundry traitors who had done the same. Then a snap election gets called and he resorts to type. If nothing else, he'll probably go AWOL again after another election defeat. Looking forward to that.

I'm happy for you to form whatever opinion of me you like. Fill your boots.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
New poll:

CON: 45% (-1)
LAB: 33% (+1)
LD: 8% (-)
UKIP: 5% (-)
GRN: 3% (+1)

(via @ICMResearch / 26-29 May)
Chgs w/ 26May

Some comments:

[tweet]869556119693389825[/tweet]

Its time for young people to get the f**k out there vote

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Currently No.7 in The UK Official Charts - All proceeds will be split between food banks around the UK and The People’s Assembly Against Austerity.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Using a clip from the BBC news and then saying something wasn’t reported.
Takes all sorts I suppose.

Erm, that was a live program. What the person is saying is it wasn't reported subsequently. That would be like Corbyn's live interview today not being subsequently reported by the BBC. It is being reported, and is headline news. Hope that clarifies it for you.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Currently No.7 in The UK Official Charts - All proceeds will be split between food banks around the UK and The People’s Assembly Against Austerity.

No.1 on ITunes, unbelievable in an election campaign a song gets to the top of the hit parade or whatever the kids call it these days with a song calling the Prime Minister a liar

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Some of those other 27 are getting a bit sick and tired of the EU too, did you not see the speech from the Polish PM on the other thread, deeply unhappy that the EU wants to impose migrant quotas on her country. Good for the people of this country for voting Leave who can see past the EU bullshite.

Well I don't think the EU is going to fall apart anytime soon, you'll be disappointed. The nationalist threats have been seen off in the Netherlands and France, plus Merkel's approval rating at an all time high. Going to be very tough and very expensive

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Raab should not be allowed out alone

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
General Election - New poll added 21/05/17

I don't think I can do the multi quotes thing on my phone but there's something that resonates in some of those recent posts re changing minds, leaders & prospective jobs.

The cynic in me now knows that May couldn't campaign for half price sweets in a house full of children. She's called the election now because to leave it till 2020 might have seen her having to defend an unpopular Brexit deal with zero debating skills. She thought Labour were mortally wounded and went for it, even though this takes time off the Brexit deal timetable.

Corbyn, on the other hand has lost none of the things I most dislike. The IRA links, Abbot on the team & a dreadful prospective chancellor. But he's got rid of my thought that he personally can't lead. He's kept his hands on power & his quietly authoritative style and compromised, popularist policies have been the polar opposite of Maybot.

Unfortunately this looks like it all might be heading for status quo. Small Tory majority, Abbot and McDonald still in jobs, Brexit on a smaller timetable & May free to reign until 2022. Ugh,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here