Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Agree 100% I'm not at all bothered about sitting in my actual ST seat but I was looking forward to being able to sit with a load of mates who aren't ST holders and didn't buy tickets straight away. We have a really big group going but are spread out all over the place which is a shame and imo unnecessary but I am still looking forward to it!

Did you not use the facility to purchase 4 per STH?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Yes. I'm taking my 2 kids and a friend who happens to be an Arsenal supporter. The shame was the football teams my kids play for couldn't commit until their fixtures came out, then the bloody games were cancelled so all the parents and kids can't sit together. Not a big deal I know, just annoying

Over half of the available WSU tickets that were on sale this time yesterday have been snapped up. With pay day for some today and the realisation that the game is tomorrow and the sun will be shining I'd hope a good few are shifted today.

I'll even predict that by 2pm the club needs to open the other halves of G and C block.

Apart from WC seats of which there are about 55 mainly in the ESU and some in the lower tiers.

ESU = 109
WSL = 515

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's what one though! Rail replacement pain, or the inflexibility of Seagulls Travel!

The good old 700 connecting with the 25 at Palmeiera Square? Not ideal admittedly, but at least it would avoid faffing about and the incessant queuing for the Falmer train at Brighton Station.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
But this wasn't being wise after the event - in stark contrast to the Palace draw (which was met with groans), there was plenty of enthusiasm of the "GET IN!" variety on here when we got Coventry at home, and that only increased when it was confirmed as a Saturday 3pm, with tickets at £18. Not just on here either, people I know amongst friends and family were (are) up for this game from the off.

My season ticket is in WSU, but I was looking forward to trying out the ESU for this one for the first time (its pretty much the only area I've not tried yet). I hung back for a bit while the club twatted around with the lower tiers all week, assuming / hoping that they'd eventually open at least one of the upper tiers but not being sure. Then my sister said she was getting tickets for the WSL and did I want in ?...so as I'd pretty much lost the will to live waiting around for the possibility of the ESU, I went WSL instead.

I know, cool story bro. Worse things happen at sea I suppose, but the fact remains that the club made it a right arseache for anyone who's preference is to be in the upper tiers. It is what it is though, whats done is done, I'm still very much looking forward to tomorrow. Just wish I wasn't in WSL, but unfortunately the club saw to that.

Oh God the absolute IRONY from someone who wrote post after post explaining why he didn't want to go to the Palace FA Cup game and couldn't believe that anyone would want to, and now is moaning that he can't sit in his preferred part of the ground for the Coventry game. So much Entitlement

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Oh God the absolute IRONY from someone who wrote post after post explaining why he didn't want to go to the Palace FA Cup game and couldn't believe that anyone would want to, and now is moaning that he can't sit in his preferred part of the ground for the Coventry game. So much Entitlement

Indeed.

The amount of bitching and whining about this very minor (and very understandable) mis-step by the club is just insane.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Just keen to get this thread to 140 pages by kick-off.

Also after this I'll have sat in every area of the ground. So far I've liked West Stand Lower best.

West lower is great, worst catering though. I'm only replying to help your 140 page wish though.
That said wtf are you doing having NSC set to 10 posts a page?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Forum default lazy settings.

10,20,25 or 41 posts per page.
Funny selection of options from Bozza, though maybe he's just on the defaults too.
I'm tempted to do a poll.......

ack

Apr 20, 2006
To help to 140, Total feck up by club.Could of given 6k+ to COV and openend up whole ground for £25. Peeps shunned palace after the trouble. Corp feck up tbh

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Up your arse.

Point me to the post where I said "I can't believe anyone would want to go to the Palace FA Cup game". Go on. Oh wait - you can't. Because it doesn't exist. So I'd appreciate it if you refrained from putting words in my mouth.

Along with about 15,000 other fans, for numerous factors that don't apply to the Coventry game, I decided not to go. Its called having a CHOICE. Sorry if that offends you, or somehow diminishes my status in your eyes as to how good or bad a fan I am, but guess what - I couldn't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut what you think. And pardon me for joining in on the whole debate around that game. You stalked me round that ginormous thread for a few days for some reason, but here's an idea - if my posts and opinions irritate you, then there is a really, really simple remedy for that. It begins with I and ends in ORE. Fill yer boots.

The way they gradually rolled out the Cov tickets, with no indication on whether either of the uppers would be opened, was mildly annoying for those who prefer taking their own seat, or who don't much care for the views from the lower tiers. Particularly as it was quite obvious to anyone with half a clue that this game would have a good turnout. But its done, I'm in a worse seat than usual (from my point of view), but it'll do.

Anyway, you're posting from a jungle. You don't even have to make choices or weigh up other factors about whether to go along to the Amex or not, so its very easy to sit behind your keyboard and snide away at the people who do. So your opinion isn't really worth jack.

Have a nice day.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Up your arse.

Point me to the post where I said "I can't believe anyone would want to go to the Palace FA Cup game". Go on. Oh wait - you can't. Because it doesn't exist. So I'd appreciate it if you refrained from putting words in my mouth.

Along with about 15,000 other fans, for numerous factors that don't apply to the Coventry game, I decided not to go. Its called having a CHOICE. Sorry if that offends you, or somehow diminishes my status in your eyes as to how good or bad a fan I am, but guess what - I couldn't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut what you think. And pardon me for joining in on the whole debate around that game. You stalked me round that ginormous thread for a few days for some reason, but here's an idea - if my posts and opinions irritate you, then there is a really, really simple remedy for that. It begins with I and ends in ORE. Fill yer boots.

The way they gradually rolled out the Cov tickets, with no indication on whether either of the uppers would be opened, was mildly annoying for those who prefer taking their own seat, or who don't much care for the views from the lower tiers. Particularly as it was quite obvious to anyone with half a clue that this game would have a good turnout. But its done, I'm in a worse seat than usual (from my point of view), but it'll do.

Anyway, you're posting from a jungle. You don't even have to make choices or weigh up other factors about whether to go along to the Amex or not, so its very easy to sit behind your keyboard and snide away at the people who do. So your opinion isn't really worth jack.

Have a nice day.

"if my posts and opinions irritate you, then there is a really, really simple remedy for that. It begins with I and ends in ORE"

Oh, OK, I get the first bit but am so struggling to find that word.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here