Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Coventry at HOME

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Excellent draw and just the kind of game we need to enable borderline players a chance to gain match fitness. Hope it's on the box so can watch it from over here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure that Coventry beating BHA could ever be termed a 'giant killing' regardless of respective divisions, or were you meaning us beating them?

Regardless of history, a team from the noddy leagues winning away at a PL club is undoubtedly a giant-killing. There's 60-odd places between us and them, we're at home, and we've just spent more on one player this month than they have in the last 20 years.

I'm not taking them lightly, but there's no excuse, and no hiding place. If we lose this tie, then we will deserve every ounce of hilarity and derision that will rain down on us from all directions, particularly one. So yes, in the current context, even though we're not used to being one of the big boys, it would indeed be a giant killing.

We undoubtedly have the quality to go through. But its down to who turns up on the day...thats the great thing about the Cup though innit.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Regardless of history, a team from the noddy leagues winning away at a PL club is undoubtedly a giant-killing. There's 60-odd places between us and them, we're at home, and we've just spent more on one player this month than they have in the last 20 years.

I'm not taking them lightly, but there's no excuse, and no hiding place. If we lose this tie, then we will deserve every ounce of hilarity and derision that will rain down on us from all directions, particularly one. So yes, in the current context, even though we're not used to being one of the big boys, it would indeed be a giant killing.

We undoubtedly have the quality to go through. But its down to who turns up on the day...thats the great thing about the Cup though innit.

Noddy Leagues??? very disrespectful. Wasn't that long ago, we were down there.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Wednesday in the Quarter Finals then off to Wembley!

But do we really want to be tied up in cup fixtures this season? Right now the club is battling for it's Premiership survival. This is our first season in it and I want it to stay that way.

Fixture congestion, injuries are the last thing we need . I was hoping for a lucrative away at a big club , get knocked out and then back to business. .. Cup runs are great for established teams that have a chance of winning it, or little clubs on the money and glory trail. For us, meeting City or United again is no big deal.

We have already played at Wembley this season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But do we really want to be tied up in cup fixtures this season? Right now the club is battling for it's Premiership survival. This is our first season in it and I want it to stay that way.

Fixture congestion, injuries are the last thing we need . I was hoping for a lucrative away at a big club , get knocked out and then back to business. .. Cup runs are great for established teams that have a chance of winning it, or little clubs on the money and glory trail. For us, meeting City or United again is no big deal.

Cov (Citeee) are also going for promotion - and fighting for their very existence from universally hated owners (ring any bells?). Fixture congestion, injuries and filling the coffers of said owners are the last thing(s) they need too.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Competitive matches for the squad players can only help keep them match fit for when we need them. It must be better for the players to get a chance to play a seriously competitive match in front of a big crowd once in a while.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that making it this far will encourage CH to pick the first team.
Could be our way into European football !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

The cup games have been brilliant for Krul, Goldson, Hunemeier and Kayal, it’s meant that they are now match fit and ready to step straight back in to the first team if required. The cup has been useful imo, and beating Palace was a real boost for the fans.

Keep it going I say!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Fixture congestion, injuries are the last thing we need . I was hoping for a lucrative away at a big club , get knocked out and then back to business. .. Cup runs are great for established teams that have a chance of winning it, or little clubs on the money and glory trail.

like Portsmouth, Wigan or Cardiff?

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

A cup run does not guarantee relegation.

Fair enough. I've no idea what the south stand holds but I would expect Coventry to sell 4500 so if the pricing is right it should be a full house and a racking atmosphere.

They will most likely have the south, SE corner and also blocks E1G and E1H of the ESL. E1G has a number of family stand season ticket holders in it, so I would expect these folk to get first dibs of a ticket on the shelf as they will have to be moved.

£20 including travel. £10 for kids would be fantastic and would likely sell out if a 3pm Saturday. I have a feeling they will make it £25 though - hope not

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
like Portsmouth, Wigan or Cardiff?

In a short era where Arsenal, ManU etc got so cocky that they channelled all efforts on PL top 4 and CL.

As with Leicester’s title, those FAC and LC runs by smaller clubs will disappear into the distance.

The top ££££ 6 are now desparate to get their hands on any silverware.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope Jordan Maguire-Drew is eligible to play for Coventry in the FA Cup. I'd love to see him get a run out at the Amex

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
More I think about it the more chuffed I am with this fixture. Not because it's going to be easy but because it's got the makings of a real cup tie about it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So we have to give Cov 4,500, but could we actually give them more if they had the demand? I can't see Albion shifting more than 20,000 for this one, so personally I'd prefer an away end with 6,000 onstead of 4,500 - it all adds to the atmosphere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here