Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket upgrades next season

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Does this make sense. Friends son now unable to go on Saturday. Would like to take his brother who is visiting. Rang club but unable to pursuade them he could upgrade for this game. Answer no as had 6 previous upgrades. However they then told him although unable to upgrade for Saturday he would be able to if he upgrades for the 4 remaining home games at once. He had to say no because hopefully son able to go to last 3 games. He is going to put ticket on Exchange site but meanwhile brother still wants to go. His only option is to hope 1 available on exchange site. Seems mad if they time it right could still end up sitting next to his brother.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What has my level of income got to do with the club?

Nothing at all. I'm just explaining why pensioner rates exist at all - because at one time pensioners WERE generally thought to have modest disposable income so football tickets, (and cinema tickets, and bus fares before they were free, etc) were priced for them accordingly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Does this make sense. Friends son now unable to go on Saturday. Would like to take his brother who is visiting. Rang club but unable to pursuade them he could upgrade for this game. Answer no as had 6 previous upgrades. However they then told him although unable to upgrade for Saturday he would be able to if he upgrades for the 4 remaining home games at once. He had to say no because hopefully son able to go to last 3 games. He is going to put ticket on Exchange site but meanwhile brother still wants to go. His only option is to hope 1 available on exchange site. Seems mad if they time it right could still end up sitting next to his brother.

I don't know if the (putting your ticket up for) exchange process is automated, or requires human intervention, at the club's end?

IF it is fully automated, then making the ticket available at 3am (for example), when nobody else is online looking for tickets, would seem to all but guarantee you'd be sure to (re)buy the seat. And of course, you'd be ensuring 100% that the seat did get resold, earning some vouchers to spend on club goodies / tat.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It will be interesting because whilst i dont know about 3am this is what he is intending to do. Think it would be so much easier if they said could upgrade ticket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I don't know if the (putting your ticket up for) exchange process is automated, or requires human intervention, at the club's end?

IF it is fully automated, then making the ticket available at 3am (for example), when nobody else is online looking for tickets, would seem to all but guarantee you'd be sure to (re)buy the seat. And of course, you'd be ensuring 100% that the seat did get resold, earning some vouchers to spend on club goodies / tat.

It's (highly) manual.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's (highly) manual.

Ah.

In that case [MENTION=20814]amexer[/MENTION] I'd recommend that he does NOT do it at 3am. He'll be really tired, and still be fast asleep at 09.30am the following morning, when it is activated, and snapped up by somebody else...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The whole system with upgrades is mad. Why on earth cannot a long standing supporter buy a season ticket for child or parent even if they think for health or school reasons may only go to half the games and then upgrade when they cant go as many times as they want. For those that think it is abusing system, It is not. The upgrade cost is match day prices and far greater income to club. It is also not unfair on those on waiting list. Would think with very odd exception these people could have purchased season tickets any season before at Amex and there is a certain attraction at moment for next season.
Barber very keen to quote other clubs when it suits him so may I quote to him that Man United openly allow season tickets to be passed onto family and friends.

Man United actually have a more severe upgrade policy than the Albion:

a Ticket Holder may only conduct a downgrade of their Season Ticket for a maximum of two
matches during the Season (unless the Club in its absolute discretion agrees otherwise);
(v) Under-16 Ticket Holders may only conduct an upgrade of their Season Ticket for a maximum
of two matches during the Season (unless the Club in its absolute discretion agrees
otherwise);
via http://www.manutd.com/pix/Emails/Files/2016/April/TIX-16-17-v3.pdf

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
A lot. I have a very small private pension, combined with a modest state pension. If I had to pay full rate, I would be struggling and possibly give up.

I can relate to that but in commercial terms why should the club offer a discount to us oldies when they could sell the same ticket at a higher price?

This is why my original post on this was in support of the poster who highlighted the many valuable concessions the club does make and are often not appreciated.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well said and I'm glad you have had such a positive experience over the past few years. I have shared in most of the same, enjoyed most of it enormously and had decent value for money - I am grateful that I can afford to have STs at The Amex and enjoy the benefits described. Nothing has, however, been provided "free". The club has income from fans in excess of £10m per year - it has allocated a tiny percentage of this income to schemes designed to attract and retain new STHs.

Income from fans including retail and catering £12m.
Annual club expenditure £48m.

The 'subsidy' is that TB, plus some TV and commercial income, are paying for the bulk of outgoings.

The club have to draw the line somewhere with schemes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here