Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jose Izquierdo - ALL CONFIRMED - NEW RECORD SIGNING

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Over eager predictive text unfortunately. A prior text message conversation with a friend about that word and now my phone unhelpfully changes got to gotten. Horrible word.

Lovely, traditional word in England until it fell out of use a while back. It's not an Americanism, they just continued to use it much like 'fall' for autumn.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Gross. I'd play March behind the new striker.

I'd go with this you can use Gross as an number 8 otherwise.
The 3 of them could easily interchange. March has the advantage he naturally will try and go outside on the left though but AK, march and Izequiero in the 3 behind a striker would certainly create chances

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Gross was pretty average again today. He did pull off a really nice turn in Watfords box during the 1st half, but apart from that, he really didn't seem to impose himself on the match.

He does get a bit bullied, but I just think Stephens is a little off-form and is slowing things down too much, and not looking forward enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If we play a 4-2-3-1 with Knockaert, March & Izquierdo then I don't think we should be telling them "you're playing central, you're on the left.. etc.". Just let the 3 of them roam, cut in at will and drop out wide to cover for each other. All 3 of them have the quality to play anywhere across the pitch and letting them have a free role makes them so much harder to defend against.

You're a right back, and you spend 10 minutes coping with the sheer pace of Izquierdo, you're finally learning how to play against him and then all of a sudden Solly is running at you, equally as dangerous but a totally different type of winger. You then have to try and adjust on the fly. Likewise a holding midfielder who has been told to manmark Solly who is playing centrally at the start. He's now drifted out wide, do you follow him or try to pick up on whoever has dropped in to the middle?

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
If we play a 4-2-3-1 with Knockaert, March & Izquierdo then I don't think we should be telling them "you're playing central, you're on the left.. etc.". Just let the 3 of them roam, cut in at will and drop out wide to cover for each other. All 3 of them have the quality to play anywhere across the pitch and letting them have a free role makes them so much harder to defend against.

You're a right back, and you spend 10 minutes coping with the sheer pace of Izquierdo, you're finally learning how to play against him and then all of a sudden Solly is running at you, equally as dangerous but a totally different type of winger. You then have to try and adjust on the fly. Likewise a holding midfielder who has been told to manmark Solly who is playing centrally at the start. He's now drifted out wide, do you follow him or try to pick up on whoever has dropped in to the middle?

I was thinking this whilst watching today. I actually thought Gross did well, got through a lot of work, and against top teams we are going to need him to shore up midfield. I also thought Stephens played well today. But when looking to open team up put the three of them on and let them sort it out, they are all intelligent players and it would be a nightmare for a defender. I think we have two top quality centre backs (Tong Gale described Dunk as being on of the best ball playing defenders in the Premier League) and three top quality wingers. Once we get confidence, and hopefully a better option in the middle we have a shout. For the first time today I thought Ulloa might be the answer, whereas before I though if he was the answer it was the wrong question, I am sure he would enjoy those crosses.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was thinking this whilst watching today. I actually thought Gross did well, got through a lot of work, and against top teams we are going to need him to shore up midfield. I also thought Stephens played well today. But when looking to open team up put the three of them on and let them sort it out, they are all intelligent players and it would be a nightmare for a defender. I think we have two top quality centre backs (Tong Gale described Dunk as being on of the best ball playing defenders in the Premier League) and three top quality wingers. Once we get confidence, and hopefully a better option in the middle we have a shout. For the first time today I thought Ulloa might be the answer, whereas before I though if he was the answer it was the wrong question, I am sure he would enjoy those crosses.

Oh yes, and my god he is quick. The commentators were beside themselves when he caught the guy who out paced Suttner.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What a way to introduce yourself. Full on chase back and then get a perfect tackle in

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Damn! Hadn't thought about that.........

So, who would you drop?

I don't think there's anyone who should be dropped for Gross. Out of all our signings so far, Gross has been the most disappointing. Not sure where all this Gross arse licking has come from? There's nothing worse than fans who pretend to see something in a player which isn't there. Gross will be on the bench once we sort out this striker issue. It looks like Gross has been signed as a utility man to fill in when there's injuries.

Last edited:

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I was really impressed by his 10 minute cameo. If he can produce that form consistently, then I think he could be a very important player for us this season. I can't remember the last time I was this excited having seen one of our player's debut performances.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's hardly diagnosing someone with cancer you big wimp!

Hardly a comparison! It's still a decision which somebody may have to make, and break it to a possibly very disgruntled young footballer. A very difficult task of man management, which I thankfully do not have to do. People - and not least football managers - get paid lots and lots of money for their management skills; not everyone possesses such skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here