Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Exchange - What exchange?

Ticket exchange won't kick in until the games a sellout.

City isn't. End of thread.

That's not a particuarly well thought out response. Despite there only being disabled seating left much of this debate has been about when one should be able to make their seat available if they are not attending.

If the ticket exchange goes live at say noon tomorrow, there will be the grand total of zero extra tickets available at noon tomorrow as noon tomorrow will also be the first chance somoene has to say they can't come.

Those on their holidays are hardly going to be checking the website every day to see if it's been made 'live'

We should be able to tell the club anytime when our seats will be empty for any game. And then leave it totally up to the club as to if/when our empty seat is offered for sale.

Sadly, I predict a large number of empties next week despite what will be a total sell out. Especially, as some will be nervous about giving empty seats to friends after the recent messages from the club.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are 2 wheelchair area seats in N1D, 4 in S1A, 1 in E3H, and one single regular £55 seat in the back row of E3G. That's it.

Seems more than a bit crap that the club haven't opened the new shiny ticket exchange to me.

The one in E3G has sold and one wheelchair seat in E3H... so there are now only the 6 wheelchair area seats available...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I've given mine away for free, to somebody who's a big Albion fan but can't justify/afford paying £50 odd for it.

I go away tomorrow morning, and the fact it's still not open is ridiculous. The majority of people not going will be due to holidays, and I assume most, like me, do not want to spend time on holiday logging onto the website to put a ticket up for sale in order for the club to re-sell it in order to obtain a voucher that i'm really not fussed about.

It's all a bit of a joke really. If they want people to use the exchange to stop touting etc they need to actually do something for fans, every other club seems to have a system in place. PL ready and all that.....

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've given mine away for free, to somebody who's a big Albion fan but can't justify/afford paying £50 odd for it.

I go away tomorrow morning, and the fact it's still not open is ridiculous. The majority of people not going will be due to holidays, and I assume most, like me, do not want to spend time on holiday logging onto the website to put a ticket up for sale in order for the club to re-sell it in order to obtain a voucher that i'm really not fussed about.

It's all a bit of a joke really. If they want people to use the exchange to stop touting etc they need to actually do something for fans, every other club seems to have a system in place. PL ready and all that.....

Wow, you're living on the edge. If the club finds out you've given your ticket away, you could be in for an indefinite ban!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have no knowledge on this, but the new season ticket exchange is new and being implemented by an organisation with almost no in-house technology skills nor competencies.

It may be that's it's just not "ready for prime time" yet and it's not available as it's a system that's simply not ready.

Or it could be that the game has not sold out yet.

I dunno.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is really irritating me now.

The club haven't sorted out the ticket exchange yet tell all season ticket holders that giving their ticket to someone else because they are unable to attend is punishable by death.

Double standards.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wow, you're living on the edge. If the club finds out you've given your ticket away, you could be in for an indefinite ban!

Either that or it would've been empty.

I know a number of others who have done the same, as they dont want to spend their holiday waiting for the ticket exchange.

At least someone (a proper fan) gets to enjoy the game who otherwise wouldn't.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ticket exchange won't kick in until the games a sellout.

City isn't. End of thread.

You can't have been very attentive then. The issue is the club hold back clusters of seats which, if not taken up, are made available to everyone. They have also been decreasing segregation. This has been happening for over 2 weeks now where nearly every day you could classify the game as a sellout until the next with the exception of wheelchair areas.

If the club weren't holding back seats and all were made available at the same time, the game would have officially sold out more than a fortnight ago and the exchange could have been released giving people a lot more notice. That's the legitimate complaint.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Now the club has £100 million plus per season from the TV deal they could look at reducing match day ticket prices- it's such a small part of the club's income now. Maybe apply the away seats price to the rest of the stadium- £30?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If the club don't introduce a credible Ticket Exchange for the first league game of the season then their words are just so much over-officious :bla: :bla:

How come it's the fans fault that the club has failed to prepare and are not Premier League Ready? ???

F*ck 'em, they've had all Summer to research what other Premier League clubs do, and install what is doubtless some bog-standard Ticket Exchange software.

Said it before, say it again. The NSC Ticket Exchange worked perfectly during The Withdean Years. It's hardly rocket science. It's mostly just common sense.

Last edited:

Bad news. Looks like nothing has changed from last year.

If you have a season ticket and can't attend the game on Saturday, you can make your seat available via this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mcity1718

Again, you will only have found this link if you happened to be on the ticketing site to purchase a seat!

I notice too that the compensation offered is the same as last year at £25.

What a shame.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
I see ticket site has option for STH to put their tickets up for exchange.

So, anyone know when these will be available to buy? I ask as all areas of stadium plan are apparently sold out/n-a....

I see ticket site has option for STH to put their tickets up for exchange.

So, anyone know when these will be available to buy? I ask as all areas of stadium plan are apparently sold out/n-a....

How will those season ticket holders know to make them available.

The last place they will be on the site is the bit where you buy tickets from

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bad news. Looks like nothing has changed from last year.

If you have a season ticket and can't attend the game on Saturday, you can make your seat available via this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/mcity1718

Again, you will only have found this link if you happened to be on the ticketing site to purchase a seat!

I notice too that the compensation offered is the same as last year at £25.

What a shame.

There is work ongoing at the club to implement a proper programmatic ticket exchange so if Survey Monkey is being used for this game then it can only mean that it's not ready yet. As you say, it's a shame, although I'm not really surprised.

With nearly a month until the next home game, you'd like to think the club will be able to get the new system implemented and available.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How will those season ticket holders know to make them available.

The last place they will be on the site is the bit where you buy tickets from

I do wonder if the club want many people to know about, and to use the Survey Monkey "ticket exchange" as, behind the scenes, it's manually intensive so a flood of tickets coming in and being sold would create a fair bit of work.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
OP is right of course, that the process should be in place to flag your seats as available for resale.

Even if the facility were there though, its a bit Catch22:

Do you make your seat available, thus denying yourself the possibility of passing it on privately*, without the knowledge that the exchange will DEFINITELY kick in? Your ticket could end up in limbo.

*a purely theoretical thought, obviously. I personally know NOBODY who has EVER passed on a seat privately.

I'm with you. I also dont know ANYBODY who has ever passed on their seat to a mate.

But it seems very odd, in the continued absence of a quick, simple and easy TIcket Exchange that Barber would rather have empty seats and lose revenue from the add-on sales, than have a bum on the seat, cheering on the team and spending money whilst doing it.

(For any that didn't bother to read the small print on Barber's missive in the key ring pack, I suggest you do!)

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Exchange.JPG

Almost as if they've been reading this thread....

Note that despite the ticket price increases the retail voucher value hasn't changed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here