I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pritchard is a bit like Knocky.

If Knocky was SHIT at football.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the marvellous STANCE of our mate Keith before the pen. Wow.

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 21.54.15.png

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Glad you've said that, I've watched it about ten times now & I do think the ball shifts before he strikes it.

Excellent refereeing, Keith.

I watched it through slowly and I reckon you're right. I wonder if Sky have filmed it in super HD (or whatever it's called) and will be able to show it in slow motion.

Or maybe BG is right and it's a feee kick, a fine and 80 hours collecting litter

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
They're saying on Geordie radio that it might have been for a foul by Gayle on the edge of the area just before the penalty was taken.

If so, surely the ball wasn't in play, so the kick should be retaken, like when there's pushing before a corner is taken.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Slowing to a stop immediately before shooting a penalty is not allowed, with a yellow card and an indirect free-kick to the opposition the result.

Ritchie seemed to have stopped waiting for the keeper to dive !?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As I quoted is as I have always found and my interpretation of the rule in 60 + years of playing coaching, refereeing and watching the game If I have interpreted wrong then it has been for a long time and I would stand corrected but I dont think my interpretation of the rule is wrong.

You know when there's a bad ref at the Amex and people say "He's always been shit" ?

I'll say no more....

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
As I quoted is as I have always found and my interpretation of the rule in 60 + years of playing coaching, refereeing and watching the game If I have interpreted wrong then it has been for a long time and I would stand corrected but I dont think my interpretation of the rule is wrong.
Just read the rule, as posted by The Tactitian ( post no. 112).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As I quoted is as I have always found and my ionterpretation of the rule in 60 + years of playing coaching, referreeing and watching the game If I have interpreted wrong then uit has been for a long time and I would stand corrected but I dont think my interpretation of the rule is wrong.

Jesus BG. This is getting more controversial than the incident itself. You don't need to INTERPRET the rule, the rule is crystal clear. You simply need to determine if the rule has been applied correctly, which based on the video is inconclusive at the moment.

However what you are saying is totally WRONG. Do you recall the BHA / Palace penalty incident many, many years ago?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Mate, you're wrong. A Newcastle/Burton player encroached (It doesn't matter which) and the correct procedure for if a goal is scored is a retake. Not an indirect free-kick, which Stroud gave and you announced him correct.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
**** me, you're a stubborn old bugger.
Several people have quoted the correct ruling, but you still won't accept that you are wrong.

Not only me that is wrong but Keith Stroud also. so it will be interesting to see what Mark Halsey says in The Sun tomorrow as he is bound to analyse the decision.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

It's not even an interpretation. It's just wrong. Or can you not read?

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Mate, you're wrong. A Newcastle/Burton player encroached (It doesn't matter which) and the correct procedure for if a goal is scored is a retake. Not an indirect free-kick, which Stroud gave and you announced him correct.

If a Burton player encroached it wouldn't of been retaken, only if he missed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please, please, please can we NEVER GET A DRUM

Annoying the shit out of me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here