Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A clear cut case of referee inconsistency

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In that case Massive should be deducted 10 points for playing in with 11 (well 10 1/2) as the hobbit stayed on the pitch.

make it 20 for having Andy Madley as the 12th man and i will strike a deal....this thread and my craziness has blown my brain out :shootself: :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Talking if ref inconsistencies - Stephens jumped up and did exactly the same thing as 'that' tackle v Burton and wasn't even given as a foul (correctly). Don't get me wrong I've seen hundreds of players do it since, but myself and the old man both said exactly the same thing as soon as it happened!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought the goal was disallowed :moo:

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be honest with you, I am more than a little jealous of Blackburn fans:-

1:30

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
The more obvious inconsistency was how the keeper didn't get a red for the penalty.

Player was clear through, past the last man and it's a goal scoring opportunity. Keeper obviously then goes on to save but gets a yellow! Maybe I'm not up to date with the rules but I'd say that should have been a red.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The more obvious inconsistency was how the keeper didn't get a red for the penalty.

Player was clear through, past the last man and it's a goal scoring opportunity. Keeper obviously then goes on to save but gets a yellow! Maybe I'm not up to date with the rules but I'd say that should have been a red.

The guidelines have changed slightly as both sending off a keeper and awarding a penalty was considered too harsh in most circumstances.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
mea culculpa, mea culpa mea maxima culpa...

In my defence I thought he was just marking him for his performance ...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I can't ever see the words 'referee' and 'inconsistency' without thinking of Mike Dean and Dale Stephens.

Bayern Munich-Arsenal midweek. Pretty much identical challenge by the Arsenal player results in an ARSENAL penalty because he's caught by the Bayern player's follow-through.

I know, I know, it's time to let it go but...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here