Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion related extended "Dry January" challenge

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Bit of an idea I dreamt up after the QPR game (in the pub!) which I just thought I'd post to get your thoughts on.

This is not so much "Dry Jan" but rather a no alcohol challenge that extends from 2am on 01 January until Albion are either:

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

Currently, we could be promoted as early as 25 February (haha!) but on the flip side the play-off final is on 29 May, with the regular season finishing on 07 May.. Will there be wild celebrations or drowning of sorrows?! :drink:

Just wondering what you think of this idea - and if you reckon it's got mileage whether you'd take part in this unofficial NSC challenge?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The Mathematical Drinking Challenge. Not a drop shall pass my lips until we are mathematically certain of our fate this season: to go up, or stay down. Either way, my first drink in 2017 will be a celebration of an amazing season. I'm in.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I can't go 3 days without a drink without feeling a bit twitchy. No way in hell I'd manage a week yet alone 5 months.

Going to watch a game sober? What's that like?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It would be VERY dangerous. If anything I need to step up my training for the amount I'm likely to imbibe on promotion.

For that reason, I'm out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope. I fully intend to take a fair old while off alcohol from 2 Jan as I'm training for the Brighton marathon, In fact I'm only planning on drinking on two occasions between then and the race, the Sheffield Weds game (corporate hospitality) and the day after at [MENTION=238]Uncle Buck[/MENTION] 's 40th. However, I intend to get shitfaced straight after the marathon, even more shitfaced at the Brandon Block / Paul Clarke Escape night the week after and any promotion deciding match is going to need at least three beers to be adequately coped with.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
No chance. Dry January, Moustache November, the give up smoking day, all these days . No way, if I want to abstain/go dry it will be when I want.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bit of an idea I dreamt up after the QPR game (in the pub!) which I just thought I'd post to get your thoughts on.

This is not so much "Dry Jan" but rather a no alcohol challenge that extends from 2am on 01 January until Albion are either:

A) promoted; or
B) our season finishes.

Just wondering what you think of this idea - and if you reckon it's got mileage whether you'd take part in this unofficial NSC challenge?
Hi Laridae, thanks for posting. My thoughts are that your idea is really ****ing shit.

Why the **** would I want to give up alcohol until May? Not only is the odd glass enjoyable, but it's also a useful coping mechanism for when the referees let us down.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sorry. Every intention of an extra Harveys or two Friday evening and at least two pre match Monday if the coach gets in early.
Then I'm off to an all incl holiday so no chance there.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Going to watch a game sober? What's that like?

Horrible. Due to being a lazy git and not getting out of bed much before 10.30 I didn't have time for a pint before the QPR game, and mid-way through the second half I got a call out from work so had leave and go straight home to work on about 80 minutes. Thank God we were 3-0 up at the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Mathematical Drinking Challenge. Not a drop shall pass my lips until we are mathematically certain of our fate this season: to go up, or stay down. Either way, my first drink in 2017 will be a celebration of an amazing season. I'm in.
If we get promoted, I'm going out on the lash (obviously). It would be a fantastic day. You, however, will be too drunk to enjoy it after a couple of pints.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
and it's a No from me thanks ! Just spent half a 3rd world countries debt on stockpiling booze for Christmas so I will need to continue to pace myself to reduce the alcohol store in the garage (hic) ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here