Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] David Lammy

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Are you calling her a liar, because I heard her say what she did on Sunday whilst displaying her garden.

He’s right I’m afraid, the ship sank in 54, it’s well documented she arrived in 1960, so if you heard her say she was on that ship in 1960 I would suggest Uncle Albert was stearing it[emoji23] oh and you heard her tell a porky pie too!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You're right. I should choose my battles. In fact, I should put him on ignore.

Ha ha! Even the Brexit thread is readable to me now I have blocked the resident bores, trolls and nitwits. You know it makes sense.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
It's got to the point where pretty much anyone is better than Corbyn and McDonnell, but I'm not sure Lammy would be the first choice to replace him. He's a fantastic back-bench MP, not sure he would be lead material. Would love to be proved wrong though because he's a fantastic guy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He’s right I’m afraid, the ship sank in 54, it’s well documented she arrived in 1960, so if you heard her say she was on that ship in 1960 I would suggest Uncle Albert was stearing it[emoji23] oh and you heard her tell a porky pie too!

Well done for researching that,but I expect Thunder bolt,Simster,Harry Wilsons Tackle etc will probably put you on ignore for telling the truth!They never apologise,and just follow their version of history.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Thank you for that fulsome apology.At least I can be right twice a day,unlike your version.

lefty clock.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are you calling her a liar, because I heard her say what she did on Sunday whilst displaying her garden.
Only slight snag is that the Windrush was taken out of service, and then destroyed by fire, six years before the eleven year old Floella arrived in the UK. Difficult one to get round, that.............

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's got to the point where pretty much anyone is better than Corbyn and McDonnell, but I'm not sure Lammy would be the first choice to replace him. He's a fantastic back-bench MP, not sure he would be lead material. Would love to be proved wrong though because he's a fantastic guy.

He is indeed, and a very interesting one. I recommend his appearance on Nick Robinson's Political Thinking podcast, in which NR talks to various people of all political persuasions about their backgrounds and beliefs. It almost makes you think of MPs as human beings ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04z203l/episodes/downloads

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
He’s 1000x better than Corbyn imo. Stands up for his values, challenges bullshitters and is holding the government to account more than the leader of the ****ing opposition.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
He’s 1000x better than Corbyn imo. Stands up for his values, challenges bullshitters

Playing Devils advocate, but isn't that exactly what Corbyn does and gets hated for?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
No. See Corbyn's meek, gutless, wait-in-the-shadows attitude over Brexit. If that is delivered as badly as looks like happening, it will be his fault as much as cowardly Theresa May.

Wait in the shadows? Didn't Labour propose they should be more involved with the handlings on Brexit and got turned down?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wait in the shadows? Didn't Labour propose they should be more involved with Brexit and got turned down?
They are doing nothing whatsoever to hold the Tories to account, and their own Brexit position is so muddled and unworkable that this suits them fine. Corbyn is leader, he drives this. He is useless.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I met him when I was working out in Delhi around 2003-04. He was doing some fact finding on the visa application and decision process. It's worthy of note that the majority of the MPs that ever made it across rapidly vanished into the city, presumably to load up on cocktails and go shopping*. Mr Lammy, on the other hand, put in the hours and was clearly intent on understanding the details of the operation. I've got a lot of respect for him, as he clearly takes his work seriously.

*unsubstantiated but then I've not named anybody

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well done for researching that,but I expect Thunder bolt,Simster,Harry Wilsons Tackle etc will probably put you on ignore for telling the truth!They never apologise,and just follow their version of history.

I think they are all alter egos or 2nd accounts. They always seem to bunch to well

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No. See Corbyn's meek, gutless, wait-in-the-shadows attitude over Brexit. If that is delivered as badly as looks like happening, it will be his fault as much as cowardly Theresa May.

Corbyn wants Brexit as much as Farage and Rees-Mogg. Lots of young Labour party members are leaving because they've realised he isn't an opposition leader, but complicit.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here