Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Time to ban horse racing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Moronic low life, hope they get the head kicking thug.
What ever the events were that led up to the fight, there is no excuse for that kind of action.
As a regular at Goodwood over the years, I have never witnessed something like that, even before the days I could afford the Richmond Stand and had to mix with the riff-raff!

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That's disgusting. I've tried to teach my kids to never throw the first punch but defending themselves is acceptable. The thing I've drilled into them the most is to never kick a person when they are down. They don't get into fights but if they did and I found out that they'd kicked someone when they were down, I'd probably ground them forever. There's never a need for that kind of violence towards someone, when they are down on the floor, it's job done.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Sadly this is nothing new to racecourses - looks like a scene from Brighton Rock - but let’s hope arrests are made.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite agree. Find it quite startling that a poster believes that a high proportion of people have kicked somebody in the head. I guess I must be generation snowflake that I have never done that.

It was astonishing that a NSC poster boasted that after he’s ‘won’ a fight, he finishes it off further with a kicking of the other person. Why?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
That's a load of rubbish:lolol:
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:

Wow, you really are a one aren't you.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
That's a load of rubbish[emoji38]ol:
There's no way that bloke was attempting to murder that bloke it's that simple.He wanted the bloke hurt and not to get up to fight but not dead.Im sure many of us have kicked someone in the head to win the fight and nothing more.

If that's seen as attempted murder then I'd expect many many people to be up for attempted murder.What if he punched the bloke while he's on the floor is that attempted murder also?
If anyone has a fight you want that bloke injured or flat out to end the dispute not to kill him.Christ the prison population would triple in no time :glare:
Wow, I can safely say that kicking someone in the head has never occurred to me. Especially someone lying motionless on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Jeez. This worries me - a lot.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Going by your reply, are you the guy in video? the one who got kicked in the head?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
surely this is a problem in society in general.....pumped up pin heads and their shit for brains dorises getting pissed up and leary ....been going on for years.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
It has been going on for ages and the best place to watch racing on a Saturday now is on Racing UK and At The Races. I went to the Hennessey at Newbury three years in a row in the late nineties and there was a big all-in punch up between the English and Welsh every year. I wont go racing on a Saturday now and much prefer a midweek meeting without the pissheads. Fridays not much better now. I've been to the last two Cheltenham Festivals and haven't seen any trouble but only go in the Club enclosure.

The courses bring it on themselves as they advertise for the stag and hen do's, it's not rocket science what happens at the end of a hot afternoon on a summers day when the punters have been on the piss all day and not seen a horse between them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pretty sure most of us haven’t.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here