Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Man united at home
Spurs at home
Burnley away

He was excellent in these games.

He wasn't excellent was he? Excellent for his ability possibly. Deserved to keep his place from these performances but he wasn't excellent. Seemed to remember his dreadful 'clearance' was the biggest contributing factor for Spurs goal. Tried to flick it past their player outside our area.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
In the PL you need good, solid defensive fullbacks. Players who can force players onto their weaker sides. Players who can stop crosses coming in. Players who are not often caught out of position. Players who can defend either post and players who are reasonably good in the air.

Players that cost millions. We've had just one season here. Give it time.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I couldn't agree more.

I said this a couple of months back when Schelotto played in a run of defeats where he was poor, but was told by one poster that I didn't understand modern fullback play ... where attacking was just a important.

Let's hope that next season we have a stronger squad and can actually have a go away at some games. This season it seems to have all been about damage limitation.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Our home performances are chalk and cheese compared to those on our travels.
Lets be honest, we have generally been awful away and turned in some abject performances. Its all about attitude and how the team is set up.

Completely agree but we didn't do a lot against the Scousers at home did we! United was always a more winable game, against the like of Liverpool with their world class players we will look poor and have exposed players. This is not defeatist just a realisation of the cavern between the class in the two sets of players. It just amazes me United are up there above Liverpool, now that doesn't make sense.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan, Dunk, Stephens and Knocky have done enough to absolve themselves.

The rest, inc Hughton setting us out like that, so poor yes.

Strange from the manager...why not play your strongest available side?....He knows the capability of these other players....thats why they are not regular starters.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We are, struggling with basics, ball control, distribution, running off the ball. You don't need to be a multi million pound player to get that right.
Players that cost millions. We've had just one season here. Give it time.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Like it or not, they are better than us.

Like it or not, more experience than us, and spent millions more than us, quite often with other people's money.

I'm happy with my team, gradually improving thanks.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Completely agree but we didn't do a lot against the Scousers at home did we! United was always a more winable game, against the like of Liverpool with their world class players we will look poor and have exposed players. This is not defeatist just a realisation of the cavern between the class in the two sets of players. It just amazes me United are up there above Liverpool, now that doesn't make sense.

Liverpool fired up at home and pouring forward are just about the most frightening prospect in the PL. They are not so hot defensively but you've got to keep possesssion and put pressure on them.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Mourinho's teams are built on solid defence and killing the attacking attributes of better footballing teams. Over the 38 games it gave them more points than the more exciting to watch Spurs and Liverpool.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bit of a dead rubber but have enjoyed performances of Stephens, Knockaert and Ryan today.

Overall I expected to lose this one heavily but we’ve not been entirely outclassed.

Disappointed with March again. So overawed by everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Our home performances are chalk and cheese compared to those on our travels.
Lets be honest, we have generally been awful away and turned in some abject performances. Its all about attitude and how the team is set up.

100% this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here