Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So with another season guaranteed in the Premier League, Spare a thought.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After last nights fantastic result to guarantee us at least another season in the Premier League, I guess shopping list B (Championship) will have been placed in the shredder & shopping list A will be on Mr Blooms desk waiting for his approval.

I think this club will change, so much over the summer in terms of players in and out, building for the future, whilst keeping our foundations hopefully.

There will be certain players at the club, who celebrated our survival last night that are now staring down a barrel knowing they won't be here next season.
Spare a thought and raise a glass for players like Hemed, Baldock, Sidwell, Skalak , Rosenior, Suttner, Mäenpää, & Hünemeier.

Clubs never seem in a single window to get rid of all the players fans agree as inadequate. For various reasons such as no takers, they’re on modest wages so still worth having as a back up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we will bring in another midfielder in the summer to compete with Stephens and Propper and that Kayal will drop to 4th choice while the U23s midfielders go out on loan to get experience.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We also had a squad with very little Premier League experience hence the awestruck first few games and everyone writing us off. I guess “Together” is actually quite a good slogan :thumbsup:

I can't remember where I saw it, but a comment from a Man Utd fan struck me yesterday evening.

Brighton players were playing for the badge, you could see it in their hearts
Man Utd players were playing for the money, and not as a team.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Grovelling apologies. No-one deserves to be called that.

But never congratulate them on here. We are safe so we wanted a Stoke City win.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know about "Staring down a barrel" - that's a very extreme way of looking at the retirement of Sidwell and Rosenior, which looks pretty imminent; and not bad for Sidders in particular, moving into punditry as he seems to be. I'd be amazed if Bong wasn't here (and playing) next season, and Baldock has two years left on his contract, and is an HGP.

The BFG is leaving to return to Germany as he wants. I don't know about Maenpaa, but I can see one of Murray (or Hemed, if Murray decides it's time to retire while he's still at the top) having a back-up striker role.

People like Sidders and LR will be missed in the dressing room

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here