Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win on Friday and we're safe

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Is it possible?

A loss or even a draw still leaves us deep in it given that we will almost certainly lose the last two games and suffer a hit to our GD.

So do we have the capability of winning - will CH be positive and bold enough to take a few risks knowing this is our big chance to ensure survival? We played very well in the two games at Old Trafford. Maybe we will get a bit of luck this time...

If you believe that then you're going to be a rich man.

£X on Brighton to beat ManU at 9/2.
£X on Brighton to be relegated at 50/1

Heads you win, tails you win.

Keep us posted. Put up or shut up.

PG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool have in their last 2 Premier League games dropped points against West Brom and Stoke.

I'd love us to be safe by that game and for CH to take the game to Liverpool with an attacking line up. Stuff the potential thrashing, let's actually have a go against a top team away from home.:thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Deary me.
We've been safe for a few weeks now, Kevo. Do keep up.

I don't know about glass half full, yours is positively overflowing.

I can see it is quite possible that we will win on Friday, in which case we are mathematically safe.

If we draw or lose, we are not out of it. There are two teams which can not catch us. four others would need to overtake us for us to go down, and that is still possible., Stranger things have happened.

We are likely safe now, but for a few weeks? absolutely not!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know about glass half full, yours is positively overflowing.

I can see it is quite possible that we will win on Friday, in which case we are mathematically safe.

If we draw or lose, we are not out of it. There are two teams which can not catch us. four others would need to overtake us for us to go down, and that is still possible., Stranger things have happened.

We are likely safe now, but for a few weeks? absolutely not!

There is a very slim chance all four teams could go on a wonderful streak to overtake us, and better our goal difference. Four teams who are far more likely to drop into the last remaining slot of teams who can't catch us.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Surely these are the games we looked forward to when we made it to the promised land last year. There are really no bigger games, look forward to it and enjoy. I think we'll lose comfortably, but put up a decent showing. I still reckon Hudders won't get another point.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I've had a good feeing about this game for ages, I think we can do it. We've played United twice already and have competed well on both occasions. The players should not be intimidated by this game at all. The last two performances should give us the confidence to push on and try secure our safety Friday night.

well said and me too

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
[tweet]991212773655932928[/tweet]

Apparently there's 0.14% chance of us going down. We're safe regardless of the final three results.

I've just got "Survived" printed on my shirt and everything...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Man Utd lost at home to West Brom. West fecking Brom. Anyone can beat them if they don't turn up.

Their major attacking tactic is to hump it forward to Lukaku. That's nothing Dunk and Duffy haven't dealt with dozens of times before.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Man Utd lost at home to West Brom. West fecking Brom. Anyone can beat them if they don't turn up.

Their major attacking tactic is to hump it forward to Lukaku. That's nothing Dunk and Duffy haven't dealt with dozens of times before.
And he might not even play.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Can't stand these defeatist threads, read the same shit before Spurs game. Have some faith in your team ffs. We can get a result Friday Huddersfield and West Brom beat them no reason why we can't.

I didn't say we couldn't. I was just asking the question.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd love us to be safe by that game and for CH to take the game to Liverpool with an attacking line up. Stuff the potential thrashing, let's actually have a go against a top team away from home.:thumbsup:

...that are resting key players ahead of CL final.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As the last two games showed, I think Utd's defensive style suits us. Ultimately they have quality players that can score at any moment if they get it right -see they're game against the scum when they were 2-0 down with 20mins left.

But having said that, this is a game where we can get at them and if they don't click properly again we can definitely get something. We need to play as week as we did against Spurs though

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
...that are resting key players ahead of CL final.

I care not what they are doing it would be the perfect time for CH to show that he does actually have the nous to change things around and go for it rather than just trying not to lose. If we are safe it doesn't matter a toss if we lose 10-0 but at least let the travelling fans see what we have got when not playing with too much respect for the opposition. The idea that we'd play "not to lose" when we are safe is negative in the extreme.and would show CH up as a manager unable to deviate from his safety first tactics, not a great advert for advancing in this league.

Come on [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] tell me how I have got this wrong by a full on defence of CH, possibly, not being willing to go toe to toe with a top six team even though we are safe. :smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Why, oh why. We're safe, not mathematically but we're safe. Relax, enjoy, grab a beer and enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend, regardless of the result

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I care not what they are doing it would be the perfect time for CH to show that he does actually have the nous to change things around and go for it rather than just trying not to lose. If we are safe it doesn't matter a toss if we lose 10-0 but at least let the travelling fans see what we have got when not playing with too much respect for the opposition. The idea that we'd play "not to lose" when we are safe is negative in the extreme.and would show CH up as a manager unable to deviate from his safety first tactics, not a great advert for advancing in this league.

Come on [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] tell me how I have got this wrong by a full on defence of CH, possibly, not being willing to go toe to toe with a top six team even though we are safe. :smile:

PS: We've conceded fewer goals than Arsenal this season. .

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I think it's more likely CH would give a run-out to some of the "lesser" players or youth guys. Assuming we're safe by then he little to gain by winning.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
PS: We've conceded fewer goals than Arsenal this season. .

That is because we defend for 90% of most away games and show no ambition at all going forward ...mostly. Arsenal tend to work on the "we'll score more goals than you " principle so of course they have conceded more than us, they have also scored a shitload more too. Anyway we cannot compare ourselves to Arsenal and CH's tactics have kept us up, if we do indeed stay up, so he has done a brilliant job. If we are safe at Anfield let's see some ambition going forward..PLEASE>

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think it's more likely CH would give a run-out to some of the "lesser" players or youth guys. Assuming we're safe by then he little to gain by winning.

We'll see, I hope :smile:

So let's not go for a win then? You have embraced the philosophy of our away tactics completely :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Meadoid, a nickname that I hope takes off, is in town for his second home game of the season on Friday, halving the cost of my season ticket. We won the other game, so I am expecting victory for the £200-odd I've effectively paid on each occasion. As well as an octagonal pie, with dwarf gizzards at its heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here