Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Coleman sacked

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
do you not think he's paid players over the odds at Eastleigh, thinking firstly of Gavin Hoyte ....

Quite possibly. I haven't been scrutinizing what they've been doing, but i have met him and heard him talk at a community meeting and ge made the right noises. They have progressed considerably.

The only loyalty Coleman has got is to his bank account! he didn't do much too keep Sunderland in the championship either so them showing no loyalty to him is hardly surprising, here is his Honours list as a player and manager........

Honours
Player
Swansea City

Welsh Cup: 1988–89, 1990–91[2]
Crystal Palace

Football League First Division: 1993–94[2]
Fulham

Football League First Division: 2000–01[2]
Football League Second Division: 1998–99[2]
Individual

Coleman on Wales' parade through Cardiff city centre after Euro 2016
Football League Third Division PFA Team of the Year: 1988–89, 1990–91
Football League Second Division PFA Team of the Year: 1997–98, 1998–99
Football League First Division PFA Team of the Year: 1999–2000, 2000–01
Crystal Palace Player of the Year: 1994
Honorary Degree from the University of Swansea[10]
Honorary Fellowship from the University of Wales Trinity Saint David[12]
Honorary Fellowship from Bangor University[11]
Honorary Fellowship from Cardiff University[13]
BBC Wales Sports Personality of the year award, Coach of the year.[56]
Freedom of the City of Swansea[57]
FIFA World Coach of the Year Shortlist of 10.[58]
Football League Championship Manager of the Month: February 2009[59]

And Managerial record

Managerial record by team and tenure
Team From To Record Ref
P W D L Win %
Fulham 17 April 2003 10 April 2007 176 61 44 71 34.7
Real Sociedad 4 July 2007 16 January 2008 21 8 7 6 38.1
Coventry City 19 February 2008 4 May 2010 117 34 37 46 29.1
AEL 26 May 2011 10 January 2012 12 6 4 2 50.0
Wales 19 January 2012 17 November 2017 50 19 13 18 38.0
Sunderland 19 November 2017 29 April 2018 29 5 8 16 17.2
Total 405 133 113 159 32.8 —

If ever my wife needs some shopping carried from Sainsburys to the car I will look him up! :lol:

Coleman offered to take a pay cut when relegation was confirmed, so your post is a total load of shite.

You are allowing your anti Welsh sentiments to come shining through.

Pretty poor from a moderator imho.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A manager who feels like they have something to prove? Their debts are now cleared and they've got a new owner, plus they've got a few promising youth prospects coming through their academy. If (and it's a big IF) they can clear out the deadwood, like Rodwell then there's grounds for a team that should be able to bounce back at the first attempt, much like Wigan and Blackburn have done.

That all sounds grand, but they haven’t been sold yet, Ellis Short has agreed to clear the debts in order to sell, but until the new prospective owners relinquishes control of Eastleigh FC no deal can be done. They go into League One with a wage bill of £40m :lol: I’ll be very surprised if they bounce straight back.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That all sounds grand, but they haven’t been sold yet, Ellis Short has agreed to clear the debts in order to sell, but until the new prospective owners relinquishes control of Eastleigh FC no deal can be done. They go into League One with a wage bill of £40m :lol: I’ll be very surprised if they bounce straight back.

But don't they still get a PL parachute payment of £34m for next season, which almost covers the wage bill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think they have only spent one year in tier 3 previously, the year they pipped us for top spot in the late 80s. They are a nailed on cert for promotion next season, and offer a great opportunity for an ambitious young (probably Portuguese or Spanish) manager to start making a name for himself or herself*.

*And here is one used to awkward onership....

Helena_Costa_2012_(cropped).jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Coleman offered to take a pay cut when relegation was confirmed, so your post is a total load of shite.

Agreed - what a bizarre attack.

I've no love for Coleman - he is Palace after all - but a) he blatantly is experienced b) he got Wales to the Euro semis and c) Sunderland under Short were rotten to the core.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think that yesterday could finally be the turning point for Sunderland and I get why Coleman had to go. I'm not surprised Ellis Short has paid off so much debt before he departed because it will cost a fortune to pay off the many wasters that are still at the club under contract that will need to be shipped out.

I think the man to kick-start the club again is Mick McCarthy. He ticks so many boxes.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

God knows why I am even bothering to reply to this, but I will.

1) My posts are my opinions, if you don't like them either don't read them or ignore them or leave your inane comments, I'm really not bothered which!

2) My daughter is welsh, my grand children all but one are welsh, we have lived here for 35 years, so anti welsh sentiments are totally wrong (apart from when wales play england at anything, but I and my wife were born in england)

3) even moderators (Administrator actually) are allowed to post their thoughts on NSC as long as we stick to the rules, which I have.

Now have your 5 minutes of fun in replying and I will choose to ignore it if you don't mind?

God knows why I am even bothering to reply to this, but I will.

1) My posts are my opinions, if you don't like them either don't read them or ignore them or leave your inane comments, I'm really not bothered which!

2) My daughter is welsh, my grand children all but one are welsh, we have lived here for 35 years, so anti welsh sentiments are totally wrong (apart from when wales play england at anything, but I and my wife were born in england)

3) even moderators (Administrator actually) are allowed to post their thoughts on NSC as long as we stick to the rules, which I have.

Now have your 5 minutes of fun in replying and I will choose to ignore it if you don't mind?

Dear Mr Administrator,

Thank you for the reply, however it doesn't address the fact that you made up your post accusing Coleman of thinking only of his wallet when he had already offered the Board of SAFC to take a pay cut.

Thanks

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They'll bounce straight back up. Left with zero debts, their income will afford them players who'll crush the rest of the division. Remember that they still receive PL parachute money. As a result, I wonder if their club income 2018/19 will be equate to that of the combined rest of League One?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here