Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Bit easier against a team that do not challenge you. I think this season we have missed an awful lot of decent chances from corners, at least once every game Duffy gets a free header. At least once he game he tries to destroy the ball with his head and puts it over.

I was thinking more of the clever routines, for example the free kick in the first half where Izquierdo just shot wide(and was incorrectly flagged for offside).

You're right though it certainly helps if a team defends as risibly as Arsenal did in the first half.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shocking refereeing takes the gloss off it. Stephens booked for a totally fair tackle, Kalasinac not booked for a shoulder charge that knocked Schelotto unconscious, Isqiuerdo given offside when he was a yard onside. Commentary team were absolutely scathing about the appalling decisions.
I'm hoping all this will be flagged up on MOTD tonight

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Then went well, perhaps the other teams will realise we have arrived

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was thinking more of the clever routines, for example the free kick in the first half where Izquierdo just shot wide(and was incorrectly flagged for offside).

You're right though it certainly helps if a team defends as risibly as Arsenal did in the first half.

Think that was partly because Arsenal were holding a ludicrously high line. I have not seen anyone defend free kicks like that since Leeds under fatty Evans, we destroyed them too. Credit where it is due though, as the players worked out what to do with a peculiar way of defending free kicks.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In the first half that 2-1 scoreline flattered Arsenal. They couldn't have complained if they had gone in 3 or 4 behind. Until the 42nd minute that is!

Doesn't matter. We got the three points.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Fantastic performance , best of the season for me.

On a side note did anyone see the Arsenal suns warming up at half time, they were awful, couldn’t pass looked uninterested I thought it was shocking and disrespectful to the Arsenal fans.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Fantastic performance , best of the season for me.

On a side note did anyone see the Arsenal suns warming up at half time, they were awful, couldn’t pass looked uninterested I thought it was shocking and disrespectful to the Arsenal fans.

I'm quite happy to see Arsenal fans unhappy. I know quite a few and they are all cocks. Doesn't mean all Arsenal fans are cocks, just every one that I know are. Thanks Albion for adding to their week of woes.:lolol::albion2:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
is this the most important win of the season ???:albion2:

Morale-wise, it's the equal of McShane

51rrj1Y0s3L.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I work with two arsenal fans (who have seen more Brighton games than arsenal games this season) so I'm really looking forward to work tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here