Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
New update is pretty decent. Extra 100 spaces in items bag, pokestops give out a lot more items.
Spawning seems to have been increased quite a bit as well, normally at work I get one pokemon an hour, this morning I have turned the app on twice, first time I got 4 creatures spawn and just now had 6 :)
With this and the first spin and catch bonuses, should make levelling up a lot quicker. I got to level 27 this morning, should hopefully get to 28 quicker than I have been moving up levels now.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
New update is pretty decent. Extra 100 spaces in items bag, pokestops give out a lot more items.
Spawning seems to have been increased quite a bit as well, normally at work I get one pokemon an hour, this morning I have turned the app on twice, first time I got 4 creatures spawn and just now had 6 :)
With this and the first spin and catch bonuses, should make levelling up a lot quicker. I got to level 27 this morning, should hopefully get to 28 quicker than I have been moving up levels now.

Bigger bag? Mines not changed - always had 350 i think..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Mine hadn't updated (I'm doing it now), but I noticed a couple of bits in the update last night...

- 500 stardust on the first catch of the day
- Far more difficult to train up a friendly gym

Seems there will be a bigger bonus for 7 days straight activity, both catching and Pokestop-ing. An interesting little change to try and keep people active - it's clearly dropping off a lot now.

Another change in the notes is that it will be easier to defeat a gym of another team. Also needed, I think because I'm seeing a load of 52,000 / 50,000 gyms now and most people don't want to invest the time and items to take them down.

No change of items for me - still 350. My Pokemon bag is also at 350 but I've upgraded that twice.

Nothing spawning here but it rarely does. I guess I'll need to get out and about to see if that's changed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mine hadn't updated (I'm doing it now), but I noticed a couple of bits in the update last night...

- 500 stardust on the first catch of the day
- Far more difficult to train up a friendly gym

Seems there will be a bigger bonus for 7 days straight activity, both catching and Pokestop-ing. An interesting little change to try and keep people active - it's clearly dropping off a lot now.

Another change in the notes is that it will be easier to defeat a gym of another team. Also needed, I think because I'm seeing a load of 52,000 / 50,000 gyms now and most people don't want to invest the time and items to take them down.

No change of items for me - still 350. My Pokemon bag is also at 350 but I've upgraded that twice.

Nothing spawning here but it rarely does. I guess I'll need to get out and about to see if that's changed.

One additional change not mentioned is the speed limit of pokestops. I used to be able to pick up pokestops from the train on the way to London, but where you are moving above the speed limit you now get a 'Try Again Later' message.

The extra items is very marked today in London, as is the extra spawning. Loads of pokemon about. Also, glad about the introduction of easier take downs for gyms, as London is all 10 pokemon gyms locked in at 52000.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Went out for a poke-jog. Things are spawning a lot more, certainly. I didn't pick anything much up because I was jogging, but I did manage to get our first Hitmonlee which brings us up to 131 caught.

Pokestops are also spewing out a lot more stuff as stated.

I'll be interested to see how much easier it is to take down another gym now. One near me was on c19,000. I'd pop up there in a while to see, although I've just done my daily 'claim' being present in 4 gyms, so I'll save that for the morning.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Went out for a poke-jog. Things are spawning a lot more, certainly. I didn't pick anything much up because I was jogging, but I did manage to get our first Hitmonlee which brings us up to 131 caught.

Pokestops are also spewing out a lot more stuff as stated.

I'll be interested to see how much easier it is to take down another gym now. One near me was on c19,000. I'd pop up there in a while to see, although I've just done my daily 'claim' being present in 4 gyms, so I'll save that for the morning.

Looks like 100 new pokemon might not be far off being available.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/pokemon-go-update-new-pokemon

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Spawning is going through the roof, picked up 4 Eevee's and lost 2 more that ran off in one day... My first Pokestop gave me a total of 12 items ! I think Gyms are still very polarised, you see Gyms with 52000/50000 of points and the lowest CP Pokémon of a 1800 Vaperon regularly. either that or get the low value gyms that turn over ridiculously frequently.
Would it be better if gyms were wiped clean of owners every 36 hours or so, that way others have a chance of posting some Pokémon up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Apparently the additional spawning and the additional Pokestop item spewing runs from 7th - 11th November and then its back to normal

Found my first Pikachu in the shitter at work today.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I found a 1200CP Snorlax on Brighton seafront earlier but my app crashed mid-catch (or catch attempt) and it was gone when I logged back in.

Very annoying, I blame Trump.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There has been a RIOT in the Piggle household. Latest update has buffed some Pokemon CP and nerfed others.

Nerfed : Polywrath & Arcanine (the riot cause). My 8 year old has asked me to write a strongly worded letter to the person who runs Pokemon go. The evolved version of jigglypuff.

Big Buff : Rhydon, Pinsir, Gengar, all evolutions of Eevee especially the crap lecce one. Mr mime. Kingler.

No change : Lapras

Sure someone on reddit has the full list.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
For a week starting from today, all in-game activities will award double XP and double Stardust, so useful for levelling up as players and powering up our Pokemon.

On a related note, how has everyone fared with the CP "rebalance" that Cryptic did a couple of days ago? It went quite well for me, my new highest CP Pokemon (Gyarados) gained over 300CP and most of my other big hitters gained too, in particular my two Gengars. There were a few drops too, but nothing hugely significant in terms of numbers and only one or two that I will actively try to build back up to their former levels, for which this event will be very useful.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
anyone who doesnt know - download Pokewhere app and it tells you what pokemon are around you - works brilliantly

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a related note, how has everyone fared with the CP "rebalance" that Cryptic did a couple of days ago? It went quite well for me, my new highest CP Pokemon (Gyarados) gained over 300CP and most of my other big hitters gained too, in particular my two Gengars. There were a few drops too, but nothing hugely significant in terms of numbers and only one or two that I will actively try to build back up to their former levels, for which this event will be very useful.

SImilar to you. My Gyarados, which wasn't my most powerful by some way, now is at 2644. My Vaporeons, which were in the 2000-2250 range are now 2250-2600.

My Rhydon, which I think was about 1600-1700 is now 2593, although I powered him up a bit after the boost he was given.

Not sure the doubling will really help me. We're trying to "catch them all" but are really struggling now with 132 caught. Had a result yesterday when a Tangela popped out of a 5km egg, but that's been the only new one for a few weeks now, although there is very little intentional poke-activity by us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
New app update on iOS this morning. Most obvious thing is that the nearby tracker now shows you exactly where each Pokemon is.

In other news, found a Ditto and finally evolved a Geodude. We're one Machop away from evolving our Machoke and after 200km of walking, we're just about there with our Charmeleon at last.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
New app update on iOS this morning. Most obvious thing is that the nearby tracker now shows you exactly where each Pokemon is.

In other news, found a Ditto and finally evolved a Geodude. We're one Machop away from evolving our Machoke and after 200km of walking, we're just about there with our Charmeleon at last.
Yep, same update on Android as well.

Not found a Ditto as yet (what was yours pretending to be [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?).

Current upgrade projects for me are Rhyhorn into Rhydon (42/50 candies) and Machoke into Machamp (80/100 candies). After those I'll be working towards a Golem and an Alakazam, although those are rather further away, candies-wise. I did, however, evolve a Vileplume last week, which was nice.

Rumours are circulating that Gen2 will be launched pre-Christmas, which would provide another 100 Pokemon to be caught/hatched/evolved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here