Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Why does it hurt ?? Read the bbc website, it's hidden away because it is positive news and goes against the grain for them

Of course it doesn't hurt. It's potentially great news. But surely you understand there's a caveat? Your second sentence is easily dealt with. It suggests a deep seated and misplaced paranoia. (I doubt you're interested but the JLR story was the lead political item on the BBC 6 o'clock news.)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Of course it doesn't hurt. It's potentially great news. But surely you understand there's a caveat? Your second sentence is easily dealt with. It suggests a deep seated and misplaced paranoia. (I doubt you're interested but the JLR story was the lead political item on the BBC 6 o'clock news.)

Is this the same JLR that said last week in an interview with Sky News that they would have to consider their position in the UK if higher taxes and higher tariffs were applied following a hard Brexit.
Positioning for state aid?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have been on the same rate as 2005 since we'll before Brexit.

You must be the original Turkey who voted for Christmas.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
"...will continue until..."

It really does look as though you're preparing your ground. When economic gravity starts to prevail you'll be all ready to blame remainers for 'talking us down' rather than Brexiters for voting for it.

Road surfaces collapsing, universities closing, car sales tanking, incomes falling... hopes fading... it's all the Remainers' fault. Nothing to do with us.

Not really. Despite the worst efforts of the gloomeratte I have confidence in UKplc to continue to perform well above the naysayers expectations as we detach ourselves from the EU.

I see an unholy alliance of Blair, Clegg, Major and Mandelson are forming a 5th column grouping to try and thwart the referendum result. :eek:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I've thought just the same about those who want Article 50 now/3months ago/before any cohesive plan is in place/get on with it,as nothing can go wrong etc.

You probably gave them a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

I'm deeply hurt you don't remember my oft stated view that the government is doing the right thing, buying time before triggering Article 50.

So no it would be horrendously inaccurate to suggest I would give such a view a thumbs up .... do you work for the Times? :p

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not really. Despite the worst efforts of the gloomeratte I have confidence in UKplc to continue to perform well above the naysayers expectations as we detach ourselves from the EU.

I see an unholy alliance of Blair, Clegg, Major and Mandelson are forming a 5th column grouping to try and thwart the referendum result. :eek:

Almost as unholy an alliance as Gove, Johnson and Farage who between them managed to mobilise the racists, and hoodwink the simple-minded, to just creep over the line for the referendum result.

I have noted your optimism about Britain's post Brexit prospects, so I have to ask, are you in favour of retaining full free access to the single market even if it means free movement of people too?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Almost as unholy an alliance as Gove, Johnson and Farage who between them managed to mobilise the racists, and hoodwink the simple-minded, to just creep over the line for the referendum result.

I have noted your optimism about Britain's post Brexit prospects, so I have to ask, are you in favour of retaining full free access to the single market even if it means free movement of people too?

It's late, so i'll Ignore the usual remain insults.

Of course not, I didn't vote to half leave. Retaining our current level of access was never an option if we voted leave which was clearly set out by numerous main players on both sides. Btw it isn't 'free' access.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh gawd! Not another prat bleating on about people voting leave being simple minded and/or racist. Grow up! I'm sure there's probably a few paedophiles and wife-beaters who voted to remain, but I don't go round spouting that all remoaners are paedophiles or wife-beaters!

Can't speak for him, but for me, and I'm sure many of my fellow leavers, the answer is 'No'. Clear enough for you?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tell me snowflake, why can't you hear what Dan Hannan says?

Oh but I can hear what he is saying, the difference is I understand it

Out of the customs union, a new global leader in free trade, ending the regulatory burden that comes with being members of the single market, but trade with the EU internal market through new bilateral treaties, free to open up our markets to developing nations by giving free tariffs to nations inside Africa and Asia and elsewhere, the benefits of no more Common Fisheries Policy and Common Agricultural Policy, the return of supremacy of UK law and no need to be bound by The ECJ, the body that regulates the single market after we scrap The European Communities Act.

It’s the view echoed by T May when she says we will seek the
“best possible access”

I understand fully all these things he has been saying…..the real question is why do you believe he means the opposite to what he says.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Oh but I can hear what he is saying, the difference is I understand it

Out of the customs union, a new global leader in free trade, ending the regulatory burden that comes with being members of the single market, but trade with the EU internal market through new bilateral treaties, free to open up our markets to developing nations by giving free tariffs to nations inside Africa and Asia and elsewhere, the benefits of no more Common Fisheries Policy and Common Agricultural Policy, the return of supremacy of UK law and no need to be bound by The ECJ, the body that regulates the single market after we scrap The European Communities Act.

It’s the view echoed by T May when she says we will seek the
“best possible access”

I understand fully all these things he has been saying…..the real question is why do you believe he means the opposite to what he says.

Where are these bilateral deals then? Anything on the table? no?

Perhaps we could start with a deal with the EU, free market for free movement. Deal. This serves a double good as immigrants are required to pay down the deficit. I don't know how we can give the NHS an extra £350m a week unless we are somehow growing the economy - which will require immigrants to utilise their talents in the UK.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

vote leave aimed to mobilise the racists
vote leave hoodwinked the simple minded

you are another one who has shown his true colours,
utterly pathetic.....you do a great disservice to genuine remain voters with genuine concerns when you come out with this rubbish
how on earth is anyone supposed to take you seriously with this level of chip on your shoulder

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Where are these bilateral deals then? Anything on the table? no?

Perhaps we could start with a deal with the EU, free market for free movement. Deal. This serves a double good as immigrants are required to pay down the deficit. I don't know how we can give the NHS an extra £350m a week unless we are somehow growing the economy - which will require immigrants to utilise their talents in the UK.

Umm this is what hannan is proposing, the negotiations havnt started, there is nothing on the table yet.....jesus christ you people are desperate
Hannan is just a voice

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here