Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Estate Agent bullshit description

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm happy to respond to any queries anyone has, If that helps at all. I work for one of the most successful agents in Brighton.

2 questions:

1. Do you think that asking for 1-2 % of a £300000+ transaction is reasonable for taking some photos, writing a one page description, (sometimes) drawing up a floor plan and making a few phone calls ?

2. With the increase in fixed fee online agents such as Purple Bricks and Tupilo, are your days numbered ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
2 questions:

1. Do you think that asking for 1-2 % of a £300000+ transaction is reasonable for taking some photos, writing a one page description, (sometimes) drawing up a floor plan and making a few phone calls ?

2. With the increase in fixed fee online agents such as Purple Bricks and Tupilo, are your days numbered ?

Interesting to note that some (all?) of these online bods charge whether they sell the property or not

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I find estate agents photos hilarious at times. For example one place I saw had one photo and one photo only- of the fridge! If I was the owner I'd be furious

You're clearly in the house, why not take as many photos as possible?!

This is a particular bug bear of mine. They're almost always ridiculously half-arsed. You can get a pretty decent camera for not very much these days, how hard is it to get a few decent photos?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I find estate agents photos hilarious at times. For example one place I saw had one photo and one photo only- of the fridge! If I was the owner I'd be furious

You're clearly in the house, why not take as many photos as possible?!

To be fair, you would expect them to do the best they can to sell a house otherwise they get no fee. It might have been the fridge was the cleanest thing in the house!!!!!

The last couple of house sales I've had have been helped by the estate agent but like any industry there will be those that are crap.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

See also:

"Scope for improvement"= total craphole
"Ideal renovation project"= total craphole
"Opportunity to put your own stamp on it"= total craphole
"Much loved by long-time previous occupant"= total craphole
"Would suit first-time buyer"= total craphole: unlucky, peasants!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
See also:

"Scope for improvement"= total craphole
"Ideal renovation project"= total craphole
"Opportunity to put your own stamp on it"= total craphole
"Much loved by long-time previous occupant"= total craphole
"Would suit first-time buyer"= total craphole: unlucky, peasants!

You missed one ..."Property for sale in Croydon area" = total craphole

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I saw a propertyadvert last week which said something along the lines of "The buyer will be required to pay a £1300 introduction fee on completion" so some of them are trying to recoup reduced seller's fees by fleecing the buyer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you think that asking for 1-2 % of a £300000+ transaction is reasonable for taking some photos, writing a one page description, (sometimes) drawing up a floor plan and making a few phone calls ?

1-2 reasonable? How do you feel about 6-7%? This is what I just paid as a buyer!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I saw a propertyadvert last week which said something along the lines of "The buyer will be required to pay a £1300 introduction fee on completion" so some of them are trying to recoup reduced seller's fees by fleecing the buyer.
Happening to me at the moment, buyer pays the fee of 1.6% +VAT so I just took that of my offer. The only winner is the estate agent

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm in the process of moving, completion is this Friday. We negotiated a flat fee for the sale which works out less than 1%. No fee paid to the agents we're buying through. Happy with both sets of agents.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A fool and his money....

I could say exactly the same about the utterly ridiculous prices you lot pay for property. You might pay 13% taxes and fee when buying but boy do you get a hell of a lot more for your euro. And the fizz I bought to celebrate my purchase was noticeably cheaper as well :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here