Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - rave reviews

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Everton might have targeted Dunk as a replacement for Stones. He's not dissimilar, a proper ball playing centre half. Now that he has eliminated the silly errors from his game, he's has to be worth £20m all day long in today's market.

I may have blue and white tinted specs on, but I honestly think he is comfortably better than Cahill and Jagielka.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have to say he reminds me a little of John Terry in his positioning and shape but Lewis is a better passer, the more experience he gains will develop him into an elite CB.

JT can only dream of confidently striding into the opposition half, then 'sandwedging' an inch perfect pass over the defender into into the path of his on rushing team mate.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Goldson will get his chance quite soon with yellow cards racking up.

Just posted this on one of the other Dunk Threads.

To us, he is priceless at the moment. He may need to take a booking soon "for the team" prior to an easier game to get the upcoming suspension out of the way (we all know it's coming). We could possibly lose him for Wigan? Goldson will be able to step in for that one.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Didnt one of the football sites make Norwood MOM, so he must have been very good to have been better than the reports of Dunks game.

Radio Sussex, well, Aspinall made Sidwell MOM. Great all round team performance generating various MOM's because there were so many good performances. Now that's the biggest thing to take from today,this team keeps on growing into itself & getting better. The best is yet to come. So just think how good that is going to be!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I may have blue and white tinted specs on, but I honestly think he is comfortably better than Cahill and Jagielka.

I have been won over by Dunk but you can't compare to them two just yet because Dunk is not yet coming up against top class forwards regularly yet. Dunk I am sure can make that step up easily but I would be reluctant to say he is better than those two until I see him play at a higher level. I am becoming more and more convinced I will see that next year with Brighton though

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I have been won over by Dunk but you can't compare to them two just yet because Dunk is not yet coming up against top class forwards regularly yet. Dunk I am sure can make that step up easily but I would be reluctant to say he is better than those two until I see him play at a higher level. I am becoming more and more convinced I will see that next year with Brighton though

That's fair comment, but on current form, Cahill is all over the place and likely to be dropped when Terry returns. Jagielka is less mobile and struggles against 'top class' forwards at the best of times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Here's hoping you are right Noo

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Could do one day soon but he needs to get ahead of any that play for Utd or Chelsea regardless of form, like many other English CB's that deserve a cap or two. Plenty of time though. It's easy to forget that he's only 25 this year (unless I'm mistaken).

at 25 and if good enough already for the national team he should be playing.....only 25 yes and he has developed well,iron out the errors and he will step up with or without us....for the record i am proud of our home grown center backs and have always felt we have given them away cheaply.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Very pleasing to see Dunk develop into the player he is today.

Only seems like yesterday I was at MK Dons watching him make his first team debut.

At least one positive came from that game - arguably the dullest 90 minutes I've ever endured at a football match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/245965-dunk-and-duffy/

My fav

The pass Dunk played through to baldock for the goal was just outrageous , very good all round player suprised he signed a new 5 year deal a couple of weeks ago , a top flight CB with a passing range any midfield playmaker would be happy with .
Tbf that looks to be a Brighton fan going on his/her handful of other posts on there.

Hugely complimentary on the whole though, that board - almost suspiciously so!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dunk asides, I had a bloody good read of Owlstalk before and after the game. Seriously arrogant before it and seriously humble after it. A fair few threads praising our players, manager and the way we set up. Would love to see some of that humbleness here when we've been rightly beaten. I guess that would be asking too much though.

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
Yes to date 17 reviews on Owlstalk Forum Fans in praise of Lewis Dunk. They all think Lewis is far & away the best C/B in the Championship, some even say that Lewis Dunk & Anthony Knockaert both belong in the Prem not the Championship.
England could do a lot worse than giving Lewis a try, the lads reach a new level of quality & consistency of late.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dunk asides, I had a bloody good read of Owlstalk before and after the game. Seriously arrogant before it and seriously humble after it. A fair few threads praising our players, manager and the way we set up. Would love to see some of that humbleness here when we've been rightly beaten. I guess that would be asking too much though.

I think most took the Brentford defeat on the chin?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's always been clear that Lewis Dunk had potential to be a brilliant centre back but he needed to cut out the rash challenges. This season, so far, he seems to have done that and his game has gone to a new level. He's always had a good range of passing but that pass for Baldock's goal yesterday was just ridiculous. Great to see and his partnership with Duffy is already turning into the best in the division. I was surprised that we spent so much on a centre back this season but we look so much more solid with Duffy playing and a lot less vulnerable from set pieces. And they've only played seven games together so will hopefully continue to improve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here