Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheffield Wednesday?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
So happy we beat Masssssssssssive Wednesday [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
It's clear that this victory means a great deal to you all, and rightly so. I guess you must feel how I would if the Owls went to the Nou Camp or the Bernabeu and triumphed. Lol Perhaps a statue of Hughton should be unveiled outside the Amex to mark the victory, coins minted, commemorative mugs produced. Who knows where it might lead? Ha ha. In fairness Brighton deserved to win, and the result doesn't really surprise me. Wednesday have been getting away with it for several home games this season, so against a good team like Brighton the Owls' luck was always likely to run out. Like Birmingham a few weeks ago, Brighton were keen to avenge previous defeats and simply wanted it more. Well done, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
It's clear that this victory means a great deal to you all, and rightly so. I guess you must feel how I would if the Owls went to the Nou Camp or the Bernabeu and triumphed. Lol Perhaps a statue of Hughton should be unveiled outside the Amex to mark the victory, coins minted, commemorative mugs produced. Who knows where it might lead? Ha ha. In fairness Brighton deserved to win, and the result doesn't really surprise me. Wednesday have been getting away with it for several home games this season, so against a good team like Brighton the Owls' luck was always likely to run out. Like Birmingham a few weeks ago, Brighton were keen to avenge previous defeats and simply wanted it more. Well done, and good luck for the rest of the season.
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I shouldn't have I know, but couldn't resist going onto the Wednesday fans' forum, especially after the abuse a friend and I got following their draw at the Amex in May. There was one poster called Eastern who proclaimed that having lived in Sussex for many years, he hated the fans with a passion and described them as being far up their own a*ses. I questioned whether this was sour grapes; my post was instantly removed and an email sent to me banning me from posting on their forum indefinitely. Turns out the potty mouth was a moderator!!! Seems they are a bit thin skinned up there.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Maybe you should have a word with your thin skinned moderator and tell him to tone down his vitriol; it just makes the win all the sweeter and him look more foolish.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast

You might like to have a word with the moderator of Owlstalk. I think he's hyperventilating !!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
:)

Just got back. What a frustrating game of football. Just seen the stats and it didn't seem as one sided as that I must say. We took ages to get going again but when we did we more than matched them. At times it was like watching a giant pinball machine in their area as they put everybody behind the ball and we just couldn't get it past them. How tall are their team? Particularly their central defenders? Duffy must be about 6ft 5ins! They have cartoon character names too - Duffy, Dunk and Bong! Don't play like it though. My daughter's assessment of it was that it was like watching a set of hobbits against men of steel at times. Fletcher hardly won a header today - that's how tall they were. Don't really know what to think - we seemed lethargic in first half but got better as it went on. Started slowly in second but again came into it as half went on. Unlucky with some of chances saved and cleared off line - again some bad misses. Hope we don't look back on all these and regret them. Haven't read rest of thread but has anybody mentioned the referee? Two of our players got blatantly smacked by their players right in front of us - first Wallace who took a whack to the face and then Hunt who got smacked and given a nose bleed. Ref gave nothing. Bannan gave him a right talking too. Again my daughter's assessment - Why are they so dirty and why are we too nice?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
They're going off on one over Knocky's celebration. Talk about come in Pot, this is Kettle! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
:)

Just got back. What a frustrating game of football. Just seen the stats and it didn't seem as one sided as that I must say. We took ages to get going again but when we did we more than matched them. At times it was like watching a giant pinball machine in their area as they put everybody behind the ball and we just couldn't get it past them. How tall are their team? Particularly their central defenders? Duffy must be about 6ft 5ins! They have cartoon character names too - Duffy, Dunk and Bong! Don't play like it though. My daughter's assessment of it was that it was like watching a set of hobbits against men of steel at times. Fletcher hardly won a header today - that's how tall they were. Don't really know what to think - we seemed lethargic in first half but got better as it went on. Started slowly in second but again came into it as half went on. Unlucky with some of chances saved and cleared off line - again some bad misses. Hope we don't look back on all these and regret them. Haven't read rest of thread but has anybody mentioned the referee? Two of our players got blatantly smacked by their players right in front of us - first Wallace who took a whack to the face and then Hunt who got smacked and given a nose bleed. Ref gave nothing. Bannan gave him a right talking too. Again my daughter's assessment - Why are they so dirty and why are we too nice?

Hoo-bloody-ray for that. Always thought we needed to add some real edge & nice to hear it is coming to the fore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here