Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the nearest pub to your house you've never been in?

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
The Seafield - there is something about the frontal of this pub that makes it unwelcoming, maybe i don't like the windows
The Neptune

Both in Hove

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Closest that I've never been in? Don't think I've ever been in the Swan in Worthing and that's probably 1500m from my doorstep. Go to the Alex or the Selden Arms if I want a pint

The Selden........proper pub.

I've never been to The Spyglass in Worthing and nor do intend to even though it's only a mile from me. Pictures of pirates outside and Doombar inside. Ugh, makes me shudder at the thought of it.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I lived 6 houses down from the "Clyde Arms"
Never ever went in but remember coming back from footy training one evening and every single pane of glass from every window had been put through.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The pub was. I lived in Princes Terrace.

There was a mini riot at that pub, I remember reading about it, not sure exactly what or who started it, I can't even remember what year it was.
I lived at the top of Eastern Road before Lidl was built and I never went in that pub.

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
Ladies Mile Patcham

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
There was a mini riot at that pub, I remember reading about it, not sure exactly what or who started it, I can't even remember what year it was.
I lived at the top of Eastern Road before Lidl was built and I never went in that pub.

If I remember correctly. The inmates from the Whitehawk pub invited themselves over for a drink and a punch up.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The Selden........proper pub.

I've never been to The Spyglass in Worthing and nor do intend to even though it's only a mile from me. Pictures of pirates outside and Doombar inside. Ugh, makes me shudder at the thought of it.

Walk right on past the Spyglass- it's where the piss heads that are banned from wetherspoons congregate. Enrest would love it

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I lived 6 houses down from the "Clyde Arms"
Never ever went in but remember coming back from footy training one evening and every single pane of glass from every window had been put through.

I was driving past The Clyde once, sober on my part, and a p*sshead came staggering out of the Clyde and tried booting my car for no reason. He missed. I laughed at the berk, stopped 50 metres up the road, and he came charging at the car again but missed as I drove off. Childish, but I did this a few more times, as the drunk got more and more knackered.

Years before that I used to live not far from The Clyde pub in Sussex Square, but never went there. Heard about the occasional mini riot in there, and so it was no surprise when it closed down.

Nearest pub to my house I've not been in? The Good Companions in Peacehaven.

Quite a few 'haveners have never been in, it's far from my first choice but curiosity took me in there, super phil would be interested in their Magaluf style collection of football shirts affixed to the ceiling, the most amusing one being a Millwall one with an iron shaped hole in the middle (you can't iron a football shirt!!)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Quite a few 'haveners have never been in, it's far from my first choice but curiosity took me in there, super phil would be interested in their Magaluf style collection of football shirts affixed to the ceiling, the most amusing one being a Millwall one with an iron shaped hole in the middle (you can't iron a football shirt!!)

I've only moved to the area a year ago but will check it out at some point. I like pubs with football shirts/scarfs over the walls/ceiling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here