Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest raiding Leeds

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Is there a more severe penalty for a 2nd administration than 10pts ?, not sure what the rules are but just looking on Wiki I saw that for example Leeds last time had 10pts for the initial admin and then 15pts for the following season, similarly with Luton, Bournemouth & Rotherham, all had an initial 10pts deducted then higher the following season.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Interesting - now that Warnock isn't going to Forest they're saying that Peltier hasn't signed. Are the Forest and (now banned) Leeds owners related? They seem to be behaving in similar fashion.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Peltier is one of those players who is so inconsistent, you wonder how he keeps getting contracts, anywhere. When they're youngsters they can get away with making the errors, but there are one or two like him around who just aren't good enough, and yet somehow keep fooling clubs into buying them. See also Zat Knight, Anthony Gerrard.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
From what I understand a club have to go into administration by 27th March otherwise the points are carried over to next season if they go into administration after this date.

This I believe is to stop clubs being safe from relegation by taking the 10 point deduction knowing they cannot be relegated.

I belive the current rules were put in place after Leeds took the piss with the timing of their first administration.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the important thing to point out is that when you enter administration, the existing owners of the club are relinquishing control and therefore losing control of their investment.
But they can buy the club back at any stage, after their debts have been reduced by penny in the pound deals.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I belive the current rules were put in place after Leeds took the piss with the timing of their first administration.

Leicester, wasn't it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Leicester, wasn't it?

It probably was. All of the clubs who used administration to screw their creditors and the rest of football make it difficult to remember all of the details.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Peltier is one of those players who is so inconsistent, you wonder how he keeps getting contracts, anywhere.

He seemed to be highly rated when he was at Huddersfield, but the only thing i've ever seen him do of note in his career is hauling down Buckley in our game last season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He seemed to be highly rated when he was at Huddersfield, but the only thing i've ever seen him do of note in his career is hauling down Buckley in our game last season.

Yep. Extremely error prone. The sort of player who drives you nuts as a supporter, but who seems to keep getting retained because he looks good on the ball (when he's not falling over it) and has a nice eye for a pass. Never mind that he can't defend for toffee.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yep. Extremely error prone. The sort of player who drives you nuts as a supporter, but who seems to keep getting retained because he looks good on the ball (when he's not falling over it) and has a nice eye for a pass. Never mind that he can't defend for toffee.

We could perhaps sign him and......lock the toffees up :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope that neither Warnock or Peltier go to Forest because that coukdget them promotion. Warnock is a master of this division and also getting teams promoted and I think that Peltier is one of the best right backs in this division.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ssn tweeted that Zola is the new favourite, but Stuart Pearce has expressed an interest, too.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ssn tweeted that Zola is the new favourite, but Stuart Pearce has expressed an interest, too.

Please be Pearce
Please be Pearce
Please be Pearce

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now ssn are reporting that the owner is going to take his time and doesn't expect to have anyone in before Saturday's game. Depending on how the team responds to the change in manager, that could really hurt their play off chances.

Nigel Clough, Steve Clarke, even Ian holloway are names being thrown around by the fans being interviewed.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The loan window closes tomorrow. Leeds are skint and can't pay their players. We are desperate for someone who can score goals. Leeds have the division's top scorer. We can afford to pay players

Just saying.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If I was a Forest fan I would be hoping for Steve Clark or at this stage of the season Hollowhead

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody would hope for Holloway.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The loan window closes tomorrow. Leeds are skint and can't pay their players. We are desperate for someone who can score goals. Leeds have the division's top scorer. We can afford to pay players

Just saying.

If you totally ignore FFP ie cheat.

just saying.

PG

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Forest are in a similar position to CPFC and he guided them over the lne.

Not so much guided as stumbled. Holloway and palace were extremely fortunate to make the playoffs given their form, let alone win them. Fortunate as well that Poyet did his bit to ruin our chances as well. I believe, without prejudice, that they were the luckiest team in memory to go up that way. I know several reasonable palace fans (not like most of the idiots on here) and they all think they were lucky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here