"No... My diamond" :lolol: :lolol:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Love that - I could happily watch this kind of thing in full

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
Watch that and compare with Robbie Savage doing his version of punditry. We really need some of that on MOTD instead.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I enjoyed that, wish there was more stuff.

There this video I found a while ago, because I never really understood why 4-3-3 was instinctively possession based. It explains his interpretation of the 4-3-3.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would love to see him talk to most people on here "Yeah but Cruyff, with all due respect, 442 and hit it long to the big man" :ffsparr:
It's a shame he doesn't mention what to do when 8 of your best attacking options are stacked up in the medical room.
I guess Oscar had to work that out himself.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

There this video I found a while ago, because I never really understood why 4-3-3 was instinctively possession based. It explains his interpretation of the 4-3-3.

That should be played on the big screens before each home game, might stop a few shouting "get it forward quicker" & "not back again" during the match

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really interesting videos, thanks for posting.

From the second one you can see how the front man might get frustrated - he does naff all while the others knock it about. Maybe that is why Ulloa's first touch isn't what it should be - he's probably not expecting the ball to come to him :moo:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Jack Charlton won more world cups than Johan Cruyff. Just sayin...

As a player.

As a manger Cruyff won:

1 European Cup
2 Cup Winners Cups
1 European Super Cup
4 La Ligas
1 Copa del Rey
2 Dutch FA Cups
and 3 Spanish Super Cups

Jack Charlton won:

1 Division 2
1 Anglo-Scottish Cup
1 promotion from the 3rd Division
and qualifying for 2 World Cups and 1 Euros

Just sayin...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I was being mischievous, [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION].

I know, for some reason I still felt the need to 'correct' you. I think I have seen too many of BW's posts and need to be argumentative :lolol:

Anyway Gus always played 433 because it was the best way he could ruin our club and further his own agenda.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire

If someone made a video of the build up phase on repeat over and over again for 90 minutes, with occasional break ups into the consolidation phase, it would be exactly like watching an Arsenal game

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Love that - I could happily watch this kind of thing in full

If you liked that you may be in interested in the football manager Alan Latchley.

"Whilst the FA ponder my application to be England Manager, which they would be foolish to ignore, I have to confess there is one person who would make a better manager of our national side than me. His name is Alan Latchley and he is a mentor to me. He is more than a mentor, he is an inspiration, an acquaintance and someone I once saw on television.

Alan is from Scunthorpe, ”a Scunny man through and through” and the person that taught me all I needed to know about football. ”Football, she’s a cruel mistress, she’s, she’s more than a mistress. She’s a wife, she’s a mother, she’s a daughter, she’s an errant child. She can make you laugh, she can make you cry.”

An expert on motivation, he pioneered the course ‘Dare to fail’ and whilst managing Manchester City he developed the concept of “equal playing”. ”Namely,” he explained, “that if you had skilful players on your team, that was no excuse for them playing better than the others. ‘Cause it makes the other ones feel inferior. And my tactic was to get them all down to exactly the same level.”

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
The 4-3-3 video is a close representation of how we've played for the last few years. Under Oscar we are more prepared to play 'percentage' football though, which serves the purpose of making us slightly less predictable. This season we've been much more willing to hit balls into the channel which, although initially loses posession, normally puts a defender from the opposition under pressure and they are forced into an error/difficult pass/clearing the ball into touch. Consequently we end up with the ball again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here