Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He gave two debuts today to 2 players, both of whom look likely to have decent runs in the team.

Because he had no choice in the matter. :shootself:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Hilarious? Oh well, it's a nice world for the hindsight experts I suppose. Always nice to be smug?

Actually, earlier comments on this thread were genuine and legitimate - the team had been abysmal at Watford, and now the team named was (virtually) just same old, same old. Strangely (and yes it was strangely) the same team managed to play 2 or 300% better than against Watford. If they'd played the same as they played last week they would have been slaughtered, even by a fairly shambolic Utd. team - so concerns were perfectly reasonable.
Good for Hughton - he got it right today, well done him - just as he (and the players) got it wrong against Watford. Someone wise after the event thinks it was hilarious that many people weren't hopeful before the today's match. Fine, if it makes them feel superior. :shrug:
Have to say it does feel pretty great after the amount of bed wetting on here after the Watford game.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Not at all, I thought we'd probably lose today. But I did manage to hold back from slagging off the team selection.

You quoted me twice, both of my posts were stating what team I was hoping to see, both posts were made before the team was announced, so not once did I 'slag off' the team selection. I think you'll find it quite normal pre-match for fans to discuss what team they'd like to see.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You quoted me twice, both of my posts were stating what team I was hoping to see, both posts were made before the team was announced, so not once did I 'slag off' the team selection.
Yes that's true - my comment about slagging the team selection off clearly doesn't apply to your posts, but I think it applies to some others (some that I didn't quote).
I think you'll find it quite normal pre-match for fans to discuss what team they'd like to see.
Yes of course, but you must see the funny side in benching Glenn after his excellent performance.

I'm not sure I understand, Triggaaar.
Was your post (that I quoted) sarcastic or not? Never can bloody tell on t'internet.

I figure every Brighton fan must be as happy as I am, and those that criticised Chris's selection are feeling fat on their humble pie, and capable of handling some piss-taking.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Was your post (that I quoted) sarcastic or not? Never can bloody tell on t'internet.

I figure every Brighton fan must be as happy as I am, and those that criticised Chris's selection are feeling fat on their humble pie, and capable of handling some piss-taking.

Not it wasn't. I even bounced a couple of threads myself earlier too. It was a semi-serious comment concerning the number of bullshit reactionary posts we've had since the Watford game.

Don't call me a United fan. :(

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here