Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia tonight

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
You are obviously forgetting the time spent on the training ground where he must be doing something right in the eyes of CH to get picked for the bench rather than 5 mins pre match.

Locadia is only on the bench as he's the only other match fit striker at the moment.
We will see in the next couple of matches who CH 'rates' - Locadia or Andone. I cannot see both player making the bench.

Said it before, it should have Locadia going out on loan rather than Hemed.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I think he will come good. I can't believe that the club would chuck that much money away. We need to keep on giving him minutes and get behind the lad.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Last night was truly awful, but I am still on the fence, looks like he needs some game time though get him in the U23s.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This comes down to the point I have made before that in the current set up there is almost no opportunity for players like Locadia, Andone, Izzy, etc to get match sharp. And please don't say the U23s.

Remember they are stepping up from essentially fitness training to Premiership action - never going to work well.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Locadia is only on the bench as he's the only other match fit striker at the moment.
We will see in the next couple of matches who CH 'rates' - Locadia or Andone. I cannot see both player making the bench.

Said it before, it should have Locadia going out on loan rather than Hemed.

I may be proved wrong but I think the club rate him a lot higher than Hemed hence the price they paid for him and allowing TH to go to QPR. He will come good and all of the doubters will look silly.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
You’re a ‘poor mans’ Ernest........and that’s really saying something.

That is extremely harsh Questions old chap.

Ernest has been known to be witty at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is extremely harsh Questions old chap.

Ernest has been known to be witty at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I took it as a hell of a compliment.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Way to kick a man when he's down.

Yes he was poor today, to the point of it being comical, but when your confidence is shot it can make everything go wrong for you.

I hope he comes good at some point, he certainly has work to do, but while he wears the stripes I will only wish him better fortune, fortune is certainly something he hasn't had much of so far.

We should have Andone as an option going forward, Locadia will have to get his head down in training and work hard to earn the right to play, if he can do that then fair play to him.

One great performace doesn't make a world beater, and one awful performance doesn't make a donkey either.

He's got work to do though, no question. But let's not add to his lack of confidence by getting on his back. Everyone deserved some criticism today.

All 100% correct - I have watched Romelu Lukaku have 90 minutes performances a lot worse than that. The best players are rarely consistent. Jurgen has a big part to play this season so even if it is from the bench or in cup games we should get behind the guy and support him because slating him is definitely not gonna build his confidence.

We seem to be racking up quite a few yellow cards this season so I can see suspensions coming into play at some point so we will need him.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
To save us all some time soon

Andone is shithouse because he didn't score in his first 20 mins on the field.

Andone is the new messiah because he scored in his first 20 mins on the field.

Delete as applicable.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He didn't come on to replace Murray last night, did he?

Personally I think a few U23 games would be good for him - put Gyokeres or Connolly on the bench in his place for a few weeks.

Andone and izquierdo will be taking his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
This comes down to the point I have made before that in the current set up there is almost no opportunity for players like Locadia, Andone, Izzy, etc to get match sharp. And please don't say the U23s.

Remember they are stepping up from essentially fitness training to Premiership action - never going to work well.

So what’s the solution?

Some on here have said loan them out, some say U23. I say keep giving them game time like we did with Izquierdo last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Schelotto was obvious not up to this league, too early to call for Locadia but I am hopeful

Unless of course his singlehandedly schooling Chelsea or on the receiving end of an assault to be stopped v Arsenal.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
To save us all some time soon

Andone is shithouse because he didn't score in his first 20 mins on the field.

Andone is the new messiah because he scored in his first 20 mins on the field.

Delete as applicable.

In 9 months time and he’s delivered diddly squat like locadia then yes will be saying the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Locadia needs to be given more time. Lay off him for a while. The recruitment team must have seen something special.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Locadia needs to be given more time. Lay off him for a while. The recruitment team must have seen something special.

He'll score the winners v Spurs & City and everybody on NSC will be writing:-

"I can't believe the rest of you wrote him off, I always had faith" :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here