Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Florence - tips please

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
ce29e9394957fcd690242cba2f684778.jpg

A genuine weather update, from my sister in Raleigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Hurricane Dick not Florence!

At least you have the Harveys, suggest you drink it all and then hopefully the hurricane will pass you by, or vice-versa. Hope all goes well and you all stay unharmed.

TNBA

TTF

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Since moving from Sussex to North Carolina, we are about to experience our first Hurricane. Fingers crossed we won't have the peak of devastation - we are well away from the coast (near Raleigh) but warnings are still of catastrophic flooding and the "odd" Tornado.

Any top tips from NSC's greatest for survival most welcome.

Whilst there was no water in the shops I filled up on Sam Adams and Goose Island IPA yesterday and do have a keg of Harveys in the garage.

At least I'm reassured that despite the record high temps around the worldly wise scientists Farage and Trump assure there is no climate change - just need Boris to confirm.

I've spoken to my brother who lives in Fayetteville and also has a house in Wilmington, they seem to be content with preparations, not overly worried.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I've spoken to my brother who lives in Fayetteville and also has a house in Wilmington, they seem to be content with preparations, not overly worried.

Yes - she seems to have taken a bit of a left and looking to swerve the Raleigh area. Good for us, expecting a spot of rain still.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Trump is on the case. It's going be to bigly muchly tremendously wet. Advisable to take an umbrella.

[tweet]1040050681892282369[/tweet]

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
It’s a small storm now, more bark than bite. We used to enjoy holding bin lids and “sailing” on skateboards if you are into that type of thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just been an update on the BBC, nothing to worry about! :D

[yt]uqs1YXfdtGE[/yt]

Separated at birth

[tweet]1040352053179154433[/tweet]

Keep watching.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldn't laugh but

[tweet]1040678572262916096[/tweet]

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Put all your valuables in the dishwasher. If your house floods then your most treasured possessions would be dry because the dishwasher is water tight.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's only one solution

thumb_go-to-the-winchester-have-a-pint-and-wait-for-13594665.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here