Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Austria pre-season camp

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Interesting, if unsurprising U23 inclusions on the first team tour. I wonder if White and Gyökeres are expected to push towards the first team this season or if they'll get a decent (Champ maybe?) loan.
I assume Molumby (just checked his age- still so young, but big year after the disappointment of last seasons injury) is with the U23s?

Or they could just be covering for players missing :shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting, if unsurprising U23 inclusions on the first team tour. I wonder if White and Gyökeres are expected to push towards the first team this season or if they'll get a decent (Champ maybe?) loan.

It doesn't necessarily imply very much: when the first team travelled to the Alps in July 2015, Ben White, Glen Rea and James Tilley were included. And in July 2016 in Tenerife, Tom Dallison, Rob Hunt, Robert Sanchez and Henrik Bjordal went along.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
U23s are off to Portugal

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1015929254259953665

[tweet]1015929254259953665[/tweet]

Based upon various videos and photos released by the club in the last 24 hours, it would appear the U-23s have taken a squad of 21 (or so) to Portugal. However, this doesn't seem to include any of Soufyan Ahannach, George Cox, Ales Mateju, Mathias Normann or Max Sanders.

Ahannach - I assume he is still recovering from his double leg fracture suffered in April.
Cox - possibly a loan has been set-up and he is preparing to head out somewhere (or he is already with a club and it hasn't been announced yet)
Mateju - the Argus has reported he is about to join Brescia, although nothing official from the club yet
Normann - another Scandinavian loan being lined up?
Sanders - hopefully he will be included in the England U-19 squad for the UEFA European Champonship Finals. Apparently the squad isn't going to be released publicly until next Monday, the UEFA deadline, and the day the tournament starts

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Based upon various videos and photos released by the club in the last 24 hours, it would appear the U-23s have taken a squad of 21 (or so) to Portugal. However, this doesn't seem to include any of Soufyan Ahannach, George Cox, Ales Mateju, Mathias Normann or Max Sanders.

Ahannach - I assume he is still recovering from his double leg fracture suffered in April.
Cox - possibly a loan has been set-up and he is preparing to head out somewhere (or he is already with a club and it hasn't been announced yet)
Mateju - the Argus has reported he is about to join Brescia, although nothing official from the club yet
Normann - another Scandinavian loan being lined up?
Sanders - hopefully he will be included in the England U-19 squad for the UEFA European Champonship Finals. Apparently the squad isn't going to be released publicly until next Monday, the UEFA deadline, and the day the tournament starts

Any idea who any of the new faces are in the U23 photos?

I could recognise Haydon Roberts, Bojan Radulovic, Tom McGill and Alex Cochrane, moving up from the U18s, but there were a number of kids who I didn't recognise at all.

Also I note that Maguire-Drew is back with the U23s, possibly as a result of his disappointing loan spells last season in League 2. And Tilley still involved, you would hope that after several seasons in the U23 setup he might be angling for a loan move, much like Cox appears to be.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I assume Molumby (just checked his age- still so young, but big year after the disappointment of last seasons injury) is with the U23s?

Yep, Molumby is in Portugal with the U23's

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They probably are there, but there has been no photos so far of the training camp and the 1st training session is closed. Towell was actually in 1 of the pre-season pics.

Saw Towell in some of Shane Duffy's instagram posts last week and also saw him in the supermarket getting some beers in before the England v Colombia WC match.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any idea who any of the new faces are in the U23 photos?

I could recognise Haydon Roberts, Bojan Radulovic, Tom McGill and Alex Cochrane, moving up from the U18s, but there were a number of kids who I didn't recognise at all.

Also I note that Maguire-Drew is back with the U23s, possibly as a result of his disappointing loan spells last season in League 2. And Tilley still involved, you would hope that after several seasons in the U23 setup he might be angling for a loan move, much like Cox appears to be.

For some reason, I've only just seen this post. Anyway, based upon the numbers they have been wearing in the photos over the past few days:-

41: Bojan Radulovic Samoukovic
43 (and 63): Tom McGill
44: Stefan Alexander Ljubicic
45: Owen Moore
46: Joseph Tomlinson
47: Danny Cashman
48: Warren O'hora
49: Jayson Molumby (still seems to be doing solo work and not yet back in full training)
50 (and 60): Alex Cochrane
51: Haydon Roberts
52: Jordan Davies
54: Archie Davies
55: Danny Mandroiu
57: Matt Weaire
58: Will Collar
59: Jayden Onen
62: Billy Collings
64: Josh Kerr
66 (and 67): Aaron Connolly
68: Jordan Maguire-Drew
70: James Tilley

(Note: There's a few photos on the website from earlier today where they are emerging into the stadium for today's game. The numbers they are wearing bear no relation to the numbers they have been pictured wearing all week, just in case you were wondering).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For some reason, I've only just seen this post. Anyway, based upon the numbers they have been wearing in the photos over the past few days:-

55: Danny Mandroiu

Has Mandroiu signed a new contract [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] ?

On the retained list announcement, he was listed as 'offer pending' or something, wasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here