Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Did Palace Ban Anyone?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Knew they wouldn’t do anything. Utter joke that they haven’t despite clear video evidence of the spotty oiks. Just sums up theirs club - St Johns agree.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
OK, well we can agree to disagree. I am not suggesting there were no incidents or even trying to downplay those that did happen around the turnstile. After all, two stewards were hurt for which there can be no excuse. However, the whole thing could and should have been avoided had the Sussex police not taken palace supporters on a 1 1/2 hour frog march around Brighton, including rounding up non ticket holders in this march as well. There were even fans in this march who had no intention of going to the match but wanted to travel back to Selhurst for the beamback. They were forced to march to the ground by the police.

Anyway, regardless of all of that, the incidents on the night were relatively minor in the great scheme of things, especially compared to what has gone on in the past and, indeed, what goes on today at many, many lower league fixtures. The police just use these minor incidents as an excuse to provide overtime for numerous different forces and cause inconvenience to genuine football fans whos only interest is to go to the game and get away home afterwards without being treated like a criminal or second class citizens.

There were as many if not more of your own police and kent police that dealt with you it was far from just sussex police. Despite that you managed to try to destroy an art mural and get kicked out of Yates which is an acheivement in itself.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
OK, well we can agree to disagree. I am not suggesting there were no incidents or even trying to downplay those that did happen around the turnstile. After all, two stewards were hurt for which there can be no excuse. However, the whole thing could and should have been avoided had the Sussex police not taken palace supporters on a 1 1/2 hour frog march around Brighton, including rounding up non ticket holders in this march as well. There were even fans in this march who had no intention of going to the match but wanted to travel back to Selhurst for the beamback. They were forced to march to the ground by the police.

Anyway, regardless of all of that, the incidents on the night were relatively minor in the great scheme of things, especially compared to what has gone on in the past and, indeed, what goes on today at many, many lower league fixtures. The police just use these minor incidents as an excuse to provide overtime for numerous different forces and cause inconvenience to genuine football fans whos only interest is to go to the game and get away home afterwards without being treated like a criminal or second class citizens.

Lets not try to justify it by comparing it to the past......things have moved on for the better (apart from those who hang on to days gone by in a sad sort of way)....your supporters managed to achieve disruption that no other club had done at the Amex...including the likes of Leeds and Millwall...again if your so called ultras had behaved themselves everyone would have got in to see the game its as simple as that...the one saving grace for those that didn't get in...was that the game was crap..let hope for better this coming Saturday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Please don’t insult our intelligence by repeating that utter bullshit.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
There were as many if not more of your own police and kent police that dealt with you it was far from just sussex police. Despite that you managed to try to destroy an art mural and get kicked out of Yates which is an acheivement in itself.

Yes, at least it wasn't all mindless and bad behaviour. At least some, albeit temporary, improvement was made to the area....:bigwave:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Please don’t insult our intelligence by repeating that utter bullshit.

Well I'm sorry but I had heard that same story from two different and separate people so whilst I personally don't know anyone for whom that is true, it seems on the balance of probability that there is some truth in that.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Are the Football Supporters Federation following this up and asking questions, or are they just Palace Shills ? ???

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yes, at least it wasn't all mindless and bad behaviour. At least some, albeit temporary, improvement was made to the area....:bigwave:

So that gives us licence to cover your ground and surrounding area in shit then since that would be an improvement :bigwave: You clearly had no idea you were talking out of your arse though of the events of that day since you had no reputable response to your incorrect allergations

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The problem with having a liberal attitude is when a number of people have an agenda of causing trouble or getting their own way it doesn't work. This happens in other walks of life.

To avoid getting getting caught up in the mayhem, the innocent have to separate themselves from the agenda, if you can.

Fireworks in a climate of terrorism is an agenda. Liberal policies are called off.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
So that gives us licence to cover your ground and surrounding area in shit then since that would be an improvement :bigwave: You clearly had no idea you were talking out of your arse though of the events of that day since you had no reputable response to your incorrect allergations

if you could actually spell 'allegations' I might give your post some thought.....

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Are the Football Supporters Federation following this up and asking questions, or are they just Palace Shills ? ???

They are there for all of us.... I'm sure Amanda would even support you BV should you find yourself having cause for complaint.... maybe on Saturday? Are you going?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
if you could actually spell 'allegations' I might give your post some thought.....

So because i didnt proof read a post on a forum you wont consider your consent to covering your ground in shit and retracting your incorrect allegations that sums up you and the level of the shit stain of a club you support.

Edit attack the grammar or spelling of a post rather than the fact means you lost the argument

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They are there for all of us.... I'm sure Amanda would even support you BV should you find yourself having cause for complaint.... maybe on Saturday? Are you going?
No, I will not be there - I'll be following the game on the phone this time.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well I'm sorry but I had heard that same story from two different and separate people so whilst I personally don't know anyone for whom that is true, it seems on the balance of probability that there is some truth in that.

Having ploughed through, and endured, your numerous posts on this thread you have come across as a bit of a c0ck.

Just my opinion. :shrug:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Again, I do think the issues that night were more serious than you make out. I too have been marched around Selhurst and have been inconvienced, especially when trying to meet up with Palace friends after the game. I have to stress again you wlll find that a lot of Brighton and Palace fans find the whole thing cringeworthy and would just like to atend a game of football without hassle, hence the terribe attendence at the FA Cup game. I will be at Selhurst on Saturday and hope its all about the football this time.

100% agree,I have very good Palace mates and will not go to Palace as it’s not my normal football day out. Think the Police made mistakes that night, also when held back at the Falmer station to allow a train to unload ‘the ticketless Palace fans’ as told to us by a Steward, why were they allowed to travel. They were total scum, spitting at Stewards, throwing fireworks at innocent people. This seems to have been forgotten by the Palace club and fans. They caused the issue for the good Palace fans fact, which then the Police made worse with their total incompetence. Yes I am
Sure and have witnessed worse in
Hove Park, big difference in the main it was ‘fans’ that wanted a punch up, not little scumbags who hide behind masks and attack innocent people and more importantly cause havoc for their own fans. Maybe we can issue an complaint to Palace for the actions of their so called fans and the lack of action to deal with them from that idiot chairman. I know a Palace fan who has tried officially to make the board aware that they have a big problem with their ‘Ultras’
But were told they are wonderful fans and create a great atmosphere, with attitudes like that, then there is no
Hope. Needs a massive change in
Direction by the club, but it would appear that loads of good Palace fans agree that this mob are a disgrace to a once proud club, who are becoming a laughing stock until
They sort this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The chairman of palace actively supports this group, it really should come as no great shock to anyone who has even a modicum of sense he was never going to take any action against them.

On the same vein, the HF, or Ultras as they prefer to be called, have Parish so wrapped around their fingers they even get to vet any fans wishing to buy a ticket in their little corner.

It is apparent that the "ultras" (always hard not to giggle when that word is used to describe the spotty oiks) have something on Disney. There is no other possible reason for a club chairman to behave in the way he does. It will be such fun when some day we find out what that "something" is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here