Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Argus literally fool for Kemp Town Line April Fool .....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

512CDF21-2223-4FCE-A3FC-E5F579918679.png

This is the site of Hartington Road Halt. This train is the daily afternoon goods approaching the Bonchurch Road cutting.

D

Deleted User X18H

A86DFDCF-2F4C-4B10-A237-80236D5C224B.jpeg

I think so. I can’t be sure. I found this ticket at my Mum’s house earlier this week. I have always had a memory of walking across railway lines with my dad. Trouble is I would have been 2 and a half . Sadly there is no one left who properly remembers

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now the inane ramblings are being shunted into the sidings this is beginning to read like a thread for Geoff:-

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Where exactly was the Kemp town train station?

Looking at pictures, I can't work out where it would've been. The Gala bingo hall on Edward street does have a painted tunnel and train placed on the corner of the building and I know it's in reference to the train line, but looking at the pictures, there used to be a tunnel which has now been filled. Where was this? Also, where was Hartington rd train station which was on the same line?

image.jpg

I just remembered I had this photo saved on my iPad.
I know your question has already been answered, but thought you might want to see this.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I traveled on that train that day with my dad.

It left from the lower platform at Brighton station ?

Do have any memories ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It left from the lower platform at Brighton station ?

Do have any memories ?

I was only 6 years old so I don't remember that much.
My dad knew the driver that day as he was also a driver for BR, we did travel up front with the driver for one of the trips.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was only 6 years old so I don't remember that much.
My dad knew the driver that day as he was also a driver for BR, we did travel up front with the driver for one of the trips.

I'd love to have gone through that tunnel as well as over the Lewes Road viaduct.

D

Deleted User X18H

C1F0F57C-633E-4A44-80B2-0E0C5270110B.png

This is one of the most evocative local history pictures I have ever seen.

The last day, Bonchurch Road cutting entering the tunnel at Elm Grove

For all us trainspotters:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemp_Town_railway_station

The whole enterprise seems to have been an expensive dead loss. I am sure that I read that the locals alleged that you could walk from Brighton station to Kemp Town quicker that the train, and the "as the crow flies" distance between the two stations was considerably less than the rail route,

D

Deleted User X18H

For all us trainspotters:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kemp_Town_railway_station

The whole enterprise seems to have been an expensive dead loss. I am sure that I read that the locals alleged that you could walk from Brighton station to Kemp Town quicker that the train, and the "as the crow flies" distance between the two stations was considerably less than the rail route,

C3725372-DB95-4DB8-A312-07EB29EB7968.png

Nonsense. Before the intermediate stations Lewes Road and Hartington Road it took ten minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here