Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you in favour of giving Coventry a bigger than 15% allocation?

Should we give Coventry a bigger allocation?

• Total voters

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Coventry sold out their allocation in 3 hours. It's a shame they can't have more tickets rather than leave empty upper tiers at The Amex.

Just shows clubs including ours do not do all they can to allow fans to attend matches ands fill up empty seats

If we sell out clearly the clubs decision will be justified.

But we can’t we say they may be able to have E1H once we know if we might need it?

We got over 6000 to Villa and it was a great day out. As many as possible who are associated with Coventry should able to enjoy their day out.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

But we can’t we say they may be able to have E1H once we know if we might need it?

We got over 6000 to Villa and it was a great day out. As many as possible who are associated with Coventry should able to enjoy their day out.

6000 was 15%, 4500 is 15%. Seems fair to me

Cov1

Feb 6, 2018

Afternoon guys.

Difficult situation for your club in terms of tickets I guess..... policing must be a factor etc, I’m sure Brighton know Coventry could sell a lot more for this.

I notice some of the ‘big day out’ comments and ‘their cup final’.....isn’t really the case, we’ve had plenty of big days out and with all due respect, an away trip to Brighton isn’t seen as the best draw in the world for many.....plenty of us still remember weekly visits to Premier League opposition. However, there is positive momentum with the club at the moment, or with the team should I say and although many won’t go to The Ricoh (rightly or wrongly) for well documented reasons, we do sell out most of our away games. The 8k to MK was more like 9k with fans in the home sections and there was plenty around the ground at Forest Green last Saturday.

I think for most Brighton is a place for a decent day out, a new ground for most and a club with some similarities to own own. Given the opportunity I expect we would sell 7/8 thousand for this so once again those that know their football will know that Coventry has huge potential which makes it even more frustrating.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
6000 was 15%, 4500 is 15%. Seems fair to me

Seems fair to me as well. Why would we want to give an opposition any form of advantage, no matter how small? All this patronising bollox about letting them enjoy their day out. Give me a petition to sign in support in their fight against their owners and I'll sign it, but on the pitch I want to smash them as quickly and easily as possible and be in that hat for the QFs.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do what other clubs do, hold back a block, if it looks like we arent going to need it nearer the day, then release it to Coventry.

On the subject of segregation, these same people that the club/law? Feels we should be kept apart from are openly invited to mingle with home fans on the concourses after the game, so is segregation really necessary at all?

I understand the need for certain games, but home and sway fans have mixed after games at the Amex since it opened with relatively little problem, why should half time or during the game be any different?

Looks like we held back two blocks. This would mean the largest away support at the Amex. I think we did the same vs Norwich last season and Norwich did not sell their tickets. And we sold out with fans not able to get tickets.

Jan 30, 2008
Afternoon guys.

Difficult situation for your club in terms of tickets I guess..... policing must be a factor etc, I’m sure Brighton know Coventry could sell a lot more for this.

I notice some of the ‘big day out’ comments and ‘their cup final’.....isn’t really the case, we’ve had plenty of big days out and with all due respect, an away trip to Brighton isn’t seen as the best draw in the world for many.....plenty of us still remember weekly visits to Premier League opposition. However, there is positive momentum with the club at the moment, or with the team should I say and although many won’t go to The Ricoh (rightly or wrongly) for well documented reasons, we do sell out most of our away games. The 8k to MK was more like 9k with fans in the home sections and there was plenty around the ground at Forest Green last Saturday.

I think for most Brighton is a place for a decent day out, a new ground for most and a club with some similarities to own own. Given the opportunity I expect we would sell 7/8 thousand for this so once again those that know their football will know that Coventry has huge potential which makes it even more frustrating.
great if you like a ground in the middle of no where, London beer prices and falling over street beggars, apart from that enjoy
regards
DR

Looks like we held back two blocks. This would mean the largest away support at the Amex. I think we did the same vs Norwich last season and Norwich did not sell their tickets. And we sold out with fans not able to get tickets.

The two blocks held back (W1A and E1H) are I am sure for segregation reasons. If there is not demand then they can simply use a whole block as a sterile area. In reality though we typically can have just 5 columns of segregation.

It's for this reason I suggested E1H could be offered to Coventry fans (well most of it, bar the 5 columns). This could easily be done as the east stand can have the concourse partitioned. To the best of my knowledge, the WSL cannot have the concourse partitioned.

Either way, as neither of these blocks look like being made available for Coventry, I would expect to see the club initially offer the northern halves of each to home fans, then if there was demand to offer most of the southern side to home fans too.

Of course, as this moment in time, they could, if they wish still give Coventry another 500 odd in E1H.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Really hoping they open the upper tiers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Really hoping they open the upper tiers.
So do I. Feels 50/50 to me at the moment.

With zero positive marketing of the match they will manage to stifle demand to the extent that the last 1,500 or so tickets available in the lower bowl (low down, corners and singles) will only sell slowly and not all will go even by the end.

Presumably this is what they want and will mean they can get away with not opening ESU to cater for the fans that would like to buy in there.

I'm beginning to think that we might as well buy in NS while decent seats are still available.

ccfc1987

Feb 6, 2018
Afternoon folks - hope you don't mind me joining/commenting!

Our tickets were certainly in demand and were gone to season ticket holders in about an hour this morning! The club have stated that is our full allocation and we won't be getting anymore tickets so not sure the poll is necessary anyway!

We'd love more and would sell as many as you gave us but hopefully you sell out all yours to make it a cracking atmosphere.

Really looking forward to it!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
So do I. Feels 50/50 to me at the moment.

With zero positive marketing of the match they will manage to stifle demand to the extent that the last 1,500 or so tickets available in the lower bowl (low down, corners and singles) will only sell slowly and not all will go even by the end.

Presumably this is what they want and will mean they can get away with not opening ESU to cater for the fans that would like to buy in there.

I'm beginning to think that we might as well buy in NS while decent seats are still available.

I emailed and they said ‘a decision on if they open it up, will happen if the lower tier sells out’

Doesn’t sound hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here