Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What's the problem at West Ham

macky

Dec 28, 2004
If they were getting results everything would be Hunky Dory. But they've made poor expensive signings. And the fans seem to think losing to Brighton is the yard stick for measuring failure.

They started off the season with a manager who wasn't performing. They do a Palace & get a manager who can grind out results to keep them up (hence the 6 month contract).

To become a top six team you need 50k attendances (Leicester being the exception).

West hams average is 56,972

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
West hams average is 56,972

White Hart Lane held 36,284.
Stamford Bridge holds 41,631.
Highbury held 38,419.

That's ignoring teams like Everton who have been up there at times. Basically it's a shit point. Mostly it's about the $$$, whatever form that takes.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Couldn't give a stuff about the hammers fans after all their gloating about a shiny new stadium for only £2m a year. They didn't think about;
A) athletics stadiums don't work as football grounds - who could have known that? :)
B) Gold, Sullivan and Brady are only there for the money. They get to keep the money from the old ground AND in 9 to 10 years time they will sell the club because they will not have to pay us/government any of it back.

The only investment they will do is to ensure the club are in the PL in 8-9 years time to get more money from selling the club.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Couldn't give a stuff about the hammers fans after all their gloating about a shiny new stadium for only £2m a year. They didn't think about;
A) athletics stadiums don't work as football grounds - who could have known that? :)
B) Gold, Sullivan and Brady are only there for the money. They get to keep the money from the old ground AND in 9 to 10 years time they will sell the club because they will not have to pay us/government any of it back.

The only investment they will do is to ensure the club are in the PL in 8-9 years time to get more money from selling the club.

But that's the whole point. Fans have been duped as usual. They didn't gloat - they didn't want to move.
The fact that their owners only give a *#*# about the money is why they're not happy. Modern football.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Trouble is, they sold their sole to move to another plaice. Can't skate over it, they haddock comfortable ground of their own, but the board wanted bigger fish to fry.

Bet the owners have made a few squid out of it though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm surprised you haven't stumbled on this before. You really need to check out the actual You Tube channel, West Hams Fans TV.

Apparently the Queen Mother was a massive fan.

It's actually really good in honesty. Some quite professional kit on display outside the away end.

Can't wait for the next episode of Post Match Pint.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
But that's the whole point. Fans have been duped as usual. They didn't gloat - they didn't want to move.
The fact that their owners only give a *#*# about the money is why they're not happy. Modern football.

Oh yes they did. They were well up for the stadium. Now reality has set in they don't like it and if they were duped, they were silly because it was obvious to me and I'm sure plenty of others what has/will happen.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The problem is not that they reused a athletic stadium as Manchester city’s Ground was converted from the commonwealth games. It’s the fact they have to keep the running track, so the stadium is neither one thing or another and a bit sh1t. Going from Upton Park to that must be heart breaking, not that I have any sympathy. I guess if they were winning the league they would not be so bothered, but as they are not they have the hump.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think its quite clearly an athletics stadium. The Man City Stadium and Stade de France are borderline successful.

You (in varying degrees) always end with a two deep and shallow lower tier which ends up with the higher stands being pushed too far back.

You simply can't mix the two, you always end up with a compromise.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Actually think they will be alright once they get a win under their belts.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
More about Wolves being a very good side who have spent well. They have far better scouts than West Ham and the whole city is football mad. I honestly think they could break into the top six this season if they keep believing in themselves.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
They always pay over the odds for overrated players " the academy of football " my arse! I hope we never get to that stage where we feel we have to sign declining name players for huge amounts. Give me the unfashionable Murray and Knockaert over players like Antonio and Jack Wilshere any day of the week.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
P4 L4 Pts 0

and their next 3 league games before they play us, Everton (A) Chelsea (H) Utd (H)

So they may well be rocking up at the Amex with a P7 L7 Pts 0 record

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here