Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is that it (signings)?

Is that it (signings)?

• Total voters

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Jim White SKY (for what it's worth) said via a Twitter video (discussing transfers) this afternoon amongst other things that 'I know Paul Barber is very busy down in Brighton'

4:10 into the video if you really need to hear him say it!

[tweet]958019587135758338[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Has that centre in lancing actually produced anything yet? Would tony have been better off using the money spent on building the facility on some quality players...?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Dude, the money Mr Bloom spent on building and funding the training ground, would not buy you that much in today’s world, was it not about 20 million, that’s 20 million well spent considering how much our recent acquisition from PSV cost, even if it takes another two or three years to see progress think how much the starlet would be worth or save us as fees only increase.

It’s a bargain fella, especially as it has actually cost the club as in us nothing.

Bright things will come outta there, mark my words, faith fella faith.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Has that centre in lancing actually produced anything yet? Would tony have been better off using the money spent on building the facility on some quality players...?

Yes. No.

And to the OP: no.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Has to be a creative midfielder.......just has to be

D

Deleted member 2719

nah they still have time to bring back Bobby and Wardy.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A hope that’s it, a really do.

A wouldn’t have wanted to have wasted ma time, sharpenin’ ma pitchfork an’ ironin’ ma best ill fittin’ denim dungarees, now wud I boy?

A creative midfielder, a winger too, or a feel a gud ol’ fashioned lychin’ comin’ on.

Yee haw.

Gosh darn it.

Etc.

Pass us ma thar’ gun, wud yer Greivus... an’ that beer yus bin after drinkin’

Etc.

Wtf.

Hmmmmm

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

We have to get the overseas signings in young so that they'll count as 'home grown players' in future years.

Give it time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Paul Winstanleys latest tweet at 21.08 tonight.

Been an intense but always enjoyable window so far... Two days to go..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would like 2 out and 2 in Out Goldson and Hemed loans, and in a 30/32 year old experienced CB and a midfielder in the Clayton/Lidbetter mould either loan or buy. If a purchase perhaps Norwood sold to make way.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would like 2 out and 2 in Out Goldson and Hemed loans, and in a 30/32 year old experienced CB and a midfielder in the Clayton/Lidbetter mould either loan or buy. If a purchase perhaps Norwood sold to make way.
Sounds about right.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised if we bought in another winger tbh. With Knocky, March and Jose all being inconsistent a 4th option would shake things up a bit.

More wingers? Really?
Locadia is very much our 4th choice (at least) winger. Schelotto, Skalak, Suttner and Rosenior provide additional cover with some very interesting options in the U23s if suspensions or injuries create a crisis.

Still other business to be done though.

Out - Hemed (loan Reading)
Out - Norwood (perm Fulham) £5m
Out - Baldock (perm Bristol City) £5m

In - Dembele (perm Celtic) £20m
In - Camarasa (perm Betis) £10m

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
More wingers? Really?
Locadia is very much our 4th choice (at least) winger. Schelotto, Skalak, Suttner and Rosenior provide additional cover with some very interesting options in the U23s if suspensions or injuries create a crisis.

You've named 3 defenders and a "winger" who cant run with the ball against championship opposition. Yeah, we need a winger, an actual winger that can run with the ball and put a decent cross in and be consistent about it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
More wingers? Really?

So admire your optimism :bowdown: :thumbsup:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

To quote Dr No, "No".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here