Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He was brought in to cover for Murray and Hemed if they got injured but he is young and has a lot to learn as far as what is expected of him. Hughton isn't going to risk playing him whilst Murray is doing the job and setting him the example. A good pre season with the squad and he will be ready.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was brought in to cover for Murray and Hemed if they got injured but he is young and has a lot to learn as far as what is expected of him. Hughton isn't going to risk playing him whilst Murray is doing the job and setting him the example. A good pre season with the squad and he will be ready.

We paid 15 million for a back up player? I don't think so. Pretty sure the club expected more of him than he has shown so far so yes now he is a player for the future whilst we battle to stay in this division. His withdrawal at half time against Palace shows just how little he is currently rated imo.

I like what i have seen of him ( I didn't watch the Palace game) but the rumours of an attitude are a little worrying.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure there is nothing Chris wouldn't like more than Locadia to come good and score some goals – but he's obviously not seeing it day to day and football management is about judgement rather than gambling. Fans can gamble, like you're doing, but a manager has to look at every touch in training, how he looks against our own defenders, his fitness, his attitude, his commitment. So easy just to say start him, but I very much doubt CH is leaving him out through some kind of pig headedness, it is because he thinks it would weaken us, and I'd have to agree on the impact he has made so far.

I'm sure everyone would love Locadia to come good, but only start him because you think he makes you better, not on hope alone that he will.

There you go. Talking sense again! I don’t know. Wasted here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are mathematically safe before the end of the season, I think CH will play Locadia, in whatever formation
Plenty of players will be on the safety celebration drinks at that point so lots of places in the team will be free.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we are mathematically safe before the end of the season, I think CH will play Locadia, in whatever formation

Hemed will get a run out before Locadia.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
It is a weakness of our squad ,that we have a number of it,that are very last resort members,and are not competing for a start.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
This signing was the worst signing we have made in ages based on cost and usage. Why did we sign a far far better version of Baldock when we refuse to play a system that includes a player like that? Blows my bloody mind that we're wasting that kind of cash.

People said that about Matt Ryan and The Greyhound at the beginning of the season
Wonder how those two are getting on so far ??

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We paid 15 million for a back up player? I don't think so. Pretty sure the club expected more of him than he has shown so far so yes now he is a player for the future whilst we battle to stay in this division. His withdrawal at half time against Palace shows just how little he is currently rated imo.

I like what i have seen of him ( I didn't watch the Palace game) but the rumours of an attitude are a little worrying.

I haven't seen or looked for rumours tbh. What's been said or is it just idle gossip?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
People said that about Matt Ryan and The Greyhound at the beginning of the season
Wonder how those two are getting on so far ??

Matt Ryan has played almost every game this season and has been well worth the money spent. Schelotto managed to oust our captain for a good bit of time there. Locadia is our record signing, plays a role that CH absolutely refuses to use in this current tactic and has barely played more than a few minutes of PL football since he was signed. I think he has great potential and looks a real talent but when you look at current return compared to outlay you have to admit this has been our worst signing of the season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
He will be fine...... as many have said Jose was gradually eased into the side to get used to Prem football and Locadia will be the same.

Just so happens he joined as Murray hit a rich vein of form and his start at Palace involved one of the worst defensive displays we’ve seen this season.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think part of the problem is that Locadia doesn't look particularly quick or powerful.

He doesn't seem to fit into our team at all, and so currently it seems like a really strange signing.

To be fair he’s only played in a natural strikers role once this season and that was against Coventry and I thought he looked decent in that game. I know it was only against Coventry but I thought he was a constant threat through the intelligent runs he was making and while he isn’t lightening quick he definitely has pace in abundance when compared against the rest of our strikers. These attributes that we saw in that game would have existed regardless who we were playing - before anyone jumps in to say ‘it was only Coventry’ !

I would just like to see him given a chance in a natural strikers role (as a lone striker or in a pair) in a few games before judging him and questioning his signing. And why not against United ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here