Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sharks - where do you stand (or swim)?

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing
A surfer was bitten by a shark for the first time a couple of weeks ago down here on Bantham Beach.
I reckon it was a Great White but the equivalent of The Mayor in Jaws said it was a Smoothound but I think he is gonna need a bigger boat.

Smoothounds dont even have teeth . Lately we been catching the odd stingray very locally , people seem very surprised they are in close where people are swimming

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
[MENTION=15618]helipilot[/MENTION] pictures are superb, know how tricky underwater photography is and these are v.pro. You've got a talent there, Sir!

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=15618]helipilot[/MENTION] pictures are superb, know how tricky underwater photography is and these are v.pro. You've got a talent there, Sir!
Thanks...just lucky enough to be living in the USA right now which makes these trips easy/ relatively cheap to do... only downside is that I had to give up my season ticket :(

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
**** me mate. What colour was your wetsuit afer you took that!

Superb pics btw.
Ha you do actually get used to it but it is a rush. The shark actually bumped into my camera dome (which I hide behind!) in this picture and knocked a tooth out (you can see the loose one). I managed to pick it up and have it as a souvenir!
_DSC3396.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here