Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He swung a punch at Greer. I was right in line with it from the north stand.

Sharp kicked out at Greer before the fisticuffs started.

I actually thought Greer had an ok game today. Normally, I get scared every time he gets the ball. Always seems to look for a sideways or backwards pass, and often plays others into trouble.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More
Pony or is my vision pony? I vote pony :hilton:

If we had anyone decent to cover him I'd say drop him, let's DEMAND he gets stripped of captaincy

Pony and trap, totally. League 1 leader, Championship joker. Done great for the Albion, but just cannot progress at this level. Shame, he's been a stalwart for last 3-4 years but time to move on.

Podolski

Nov 2, 2009
People booing and shouting at him to f*ck off back to Scotland in from the north stand this afternoon.

Embarrassed to be an albion fan at that point. Barnes gone and they've found a new scape goat clearly.

Back the players for a change.

I get the impression players are starting to dislike playing at the amex due to the abuse they suffer from their own 'fans'

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Van Dyke was sold to Celtic for a little more money than Brighton were to able to afford. He is worth 10 million now, Could have put Brighton in the EPL. A reason why Gus thoght the ceiling had bean reached i guess

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Still underrated - do people really believe we could have such a good defensive record with a "liability" at centre back - clueless numpties.

Not underrated just past his best. Our defensive record would be better without Greer, not to mention the fact that the ball wouldn't spend half as long going sideways and backwards. Again look back at Wigan away when Greer was extremely fortunate to not cost us 2 points.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hopefully Dunk can step up to take his place as Greer has lost any pace that he did have. I can't see the club forking out for a quality defender after last week's financial news

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To paraphrase the song "you won't know what you've got 'til it's gone". We have one of the meanest defences in the league and that, not creating or scoring goals, is the main job of a defender.
I have some hopes for Dunk but he does, and I suspect always will, switch off once or twice every game. When the lad's turn comes I think we might see how effective Greer is.

Still with Barnes gone those whose satisfaction derives from finding fault need to pick another victim....... close race at the moment between Greer, Lopez and Agustein but I think our skipper will win the Hate Stakes if only because he is - like Barnes - likely to be an ever-present in the team and therefore easier to "bet" on.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Make the most of it this season cause that back 4 has got to be sorted in the close season. 1 on loan and the other 3 the wrong side of 30 with the best defender , Upson, the oldest. In the last few home games Greer looks the weakest link and the number of times when on the ball he doesn't see the pass over the top to our attacking players is now getting a common thing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
With little competition he can get away with having a bad game or making mistakes on a regular basis which is quite surprising given Oscar is happy to blood younger players.

In my view Dunk should be first on the team sheet before him so he can get more game time to become a better player.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Tuesday night will be interesting to see how he copes with McCormack or the other very tall striker that played for Leeds against Yeovil yesterday. Greer can't jump or win headers which I suspect means he'll have to deal with McCormack who makes space for shots with deftness & cunning that I fear will simply bamboozle our captain. However I feel his biggest weakness is against pace which (& I may be wrong) I'm not sure dirty Leeds have too much of, so it might not all be bad for Tuesday.
The wind may have played its part yesterday but there does seem to be a lack of confidence in our distribution from the back, including PIG. The spotlight is firmly on Greer these days on NSC judging from the player ratings.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Van Dyke was sold to Celtic for a little more money than Brighton were to able to afford. He is worth 10 million now, Could have put Brighton in the EPL. A reason why Gus thoght the ceiling had bean reached i guess

Never worth 10 million! Missed a 2 foot sitter yesterday. And what's the EPL??

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
When Greer was out injured we were completely disorganised at the back , yes he makes some errors but he is human FFS !!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Greers plus point is his ability when faced by players with speed or are good in the air, is his ability to put himself in a position to deal with it by his reading of the game and thus not getting exposed too much.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have always been a fan of GG. However last week at Watford and a number of times yesterday has caused me some concern.

He's probably not "Premiership ready".

But still think he could do a job for us and doubt we will spend big to replace him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yeah, sure. We have one of the best defences in the division and one of them is a passenger. :ffsparr:

That is before you factor in the "Bruno can not defend" brigade, so two are passenger really. So Upson and Ward....oh no hang on Ward is shit too so just Upson then. People on here really are stupid sometimes.

If you say so. One of the advantages? of sitting behind the goal is that you see the defence at work for 45 minutes. Kuszczak shouting at Greer, & vice versa, likewise with Upson & Greer. Upson has covered for Greer quite a few times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here