Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Pritchard, etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chicharito - wages are way above our current wage structure, but feel that type of striker would offer us something different (and an upgrade) on what we currently have.

4 goals in 17 (2 in the same game) suggests we dodged an expensive bullet there. Not that the gun was ever pointing at us, mind.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We also have to bare in mind fatigue, injury, suspensions. We've been fairly lucky with this so far. A few of our first 11 go down injured and there isn't much depth, particularly in the middle and up front.

Maybe. Although I watched us against Palace the other day, me and a couple of other hardy souls, and one thought that kept coming back to me afterwards was how are we going to fit Kayal, Baldock and Goldson into the first XI because they certainly deserve a starting role

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Lets not get carried away, we're doing alright even without any new signings.

Massive signings are not always the answer, look at QPR in January 2013. They made two record signings in Chris Samba and Loic Remmy and still got relegated on 25 points.

Big signings don't guarantee anything.

think you'll find we've only had one 'reserve' game since window opened ? Test will come on Saturday at the Hawthorns !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He certainly has potential and has looked very good in flashes at Norwich. Interesting to see how he goes

I think I let my heart rule my head yesterday, thumbs upping a lot of the anti pilchard comments.
I think I was wrong, and Interesting to see how he goes ought to have been the fence sitting approach I should have taken.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
What has Sakho done at West Ham or Pritchard done at Norwich? Bugger all. I don't see either improving what Palace or Hudds already have.

Sakho has a nearly 1 in 3 goal ratio for West Ham. Considering that Palace's 25 man squad currently has *one* fit striker in Christian Benteke and literally not a single backup option, Sakho will certainly improve our squad if not our first XI.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Some deluded people.

Pritchard is quality, he cost us the title last season.
Gross is better but would have been an excellent back up option considering gross only lasts 75 minutes (and also excellent level for championship where we will be in may if we don't sign at least two attacking players).

Sahko is an excellent signing. 1 in 3 strike ratio, a bit of pace and height. Exactly what we need. Oh and significantly cheaper than ze Luis who could be complete shite should we get him. Only risk with sahko is that he is a bit mental and injury prone.

All day long, a great post.

That was Norwich

For the record I too think he’s a tidy player, other Prem teams have been put off due to how tiny he is , but if he gets time on the ball he’ll cause teams problems.

We won’t know if this is good business for Hudds till the end of the season .

But if we go down and they stay up it’ll be Pritchard having the last laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always thought this since Norwich away, Karma has a tendency to bit you in the Ass

We also have to bare in mind fatigue, injury, suspensions. We've been fairly lucky with this so far. A few of our first 11 go down injured and there isn't much depth, particularly in the middle and up front.

This is the point I think everyone is missing, its adding great strength in depth to their squads, now our so called number 10 has gone back, who replaces Gross as the number 10 when he's knackered, Pritchard would have been perfect.

I still think Pritchard offers 10 times more than Stephens and Propper.

Not sure we would have signed Propper if Pritchard had arrived.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sakho has a nearly 1 in 3 goal ratio for West Ham. Considering that Palace's 25 man squad currently has *one* fit striker in Christian Benteke and literally not a single backup option, Sakho will certainly improve our squad if not our first XI.

How can you forget about Sako when writing about Sakho? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be delighted for someone to run me through the list of mistakes our recruitment team has made in the last two and a half years.

It's very short.

Harsh I don't think you can call Ryan a mistake. boom-tish.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Got to love NSC. Other clubs make signings and the folks on here call them ordinary or over priced players. :lolol:

Yet ourselves continue to drag our heels bringing in needed players. Same shit about not putting the club at risk. Yet if we go down we will lose millions and our best players :lolol: :facepalm:

"drag our heels"? It's January the ELEVENTH. You don't need to wet the bed FFS.

Alex Pritchard is a good championship player and he'd make a useful addition to a Premier league squad although wouldn't walk into any Premier league side that is nailed-on to stay up. But at £14m he is massively overpriced, especially when you bear in mind that when he was at Spurs the two teams interested in him at £8m were Championship sides with play-off ambitions.

At the end of the day, most clubs in this division are after a striker ahead of all other positions. I'll start worrying when other teams are paying £15-20m for decent strikers and we're the only ones not doing so.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He didn't score against us! Two own goals from Stockdale wasn't it?

Yes. Pritchard's shots weren't even on target. Hitting the woodwork doesn't count.

To say he cost us the championship is nonsense, as we had chances against Bristol & Villa after that.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Yes. Pritchard's shots weren't even on target. Hitting the woodwork doesn't count.

To say he cost us the championship is nonsense, as we had chances against Bristol & Villa after that.

And we had been on the piss the entire week leading up to the Norwich game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

One good season in 2014/15 followed by two and a half very ordinary years with 8 Prem goals in that time. Contrast that with Glenn Murray, who's bagged 6 in 5 months (not including the cup winner against Palace on Monday!)

Good luck with Diafra - and his '1 in 10' twin Bakary. Wright and Bright it most certainly ain't!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Never trust an Englishman who clearly looks like he's from Scotchland.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Maybe. Although I watched us against Palace the other day, me and a couple of other hardy souls, and one thought that kept coming back to me afterwards was how are we going to fit Kayal, Baldock and Goldson into the first XI because they certainly deserve a starting role

I'll probably get shot down for this but I prefer Goldson to Duffy in the Prem.

In the Championship with teams lumping balls to big hold up type centre forwards Duffy was perfect, imposing and won 9/10 headers.

Not so much of that in the Prem, balls on the deck more and quick footed strikers, this is where I think Goldson is better suited, and hes better on the ball out of defence too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know you're a fan of dredging up names of people who were once good, but Barry would be a shocking signing. WBA fans can't wait to see the back of him.

But it must be obvious just reading NSC that the vast majority of fans ignore the works of the players that their fellow players rate highly for their contribution to the game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here