Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Currently NO TRAINS for the Colchester or Forest games

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Without reading through the whole thread, anyone know what the schedule would be like for getting to Eastbourne from Victoria would be like on these strike days? Have a funeral on the coast to attend that week.

i think its no direct train, but there is a Eastbourne-Brighton Service. you might want to consider the South Eastern service to Hastings or somewhere else along that line for a lift (not offering) or buses?

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rail-strike-information-3213295.aspx

CLUB STATEMENT:

We are aware of the news of the announced five-day strike by conductors which, if it goes ahead, is likely to cause severe delays across the rail network.
The club is doing everything we possibly can to arrange alternative travel to and from the matches against Colchester United and Nottingham Forest, which both fall within the five-day period.
We will be in talks with all our major transport partners to look at providing additional coach, bus and park-and-ride options wherever possible.

Albion chief executive Paul Barber commented, "It is hugely disappointing that our fans, along with many others, are being subjected to such inconvenience and uncertainty regarding their travel arrangements to and from matches.
"Our business, like so many others in London and the south east, is now being severely disrupted by the dispute which, as a major customer of Southern, is totally unacceptable."

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
i think its no direct train, but there is a Eastbourne-Brighton Service. you might want to consider the South Eastern service to Hastings or somewhere else along that line for a lift (not offering) or buses?

Thanks for the response, without sounding stupid will the Thameslink St Pancras-Brighton trains be affected by this disruption? If not I could get that and then bus it over to Eastbourne although adding a good 3 hours to the journey.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks for the response, without sounding stupid will the Thameslink St Pancras-Brighton trains be affected by this disruption? If not I could get that and then bus it over to Eastbourne although adding a good 3 hours to the journey.

i'd assume the Thameslink is running (no guards) but will be affected in terms of being busy, if not rush hour may be little difference. the bus (12?) from Brighton to Eastbourne is quite pleasant too. the southern website will have a map of whats running or not.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can you honestly see this strike going ahead? I mean a FIVE DAY STRIKE? That will screw millions of people over and cost companies millions. A day strike yeah not 5 on the bounce.

I'm sure some sort of deal will be reached.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Well the RMT will be delighted that you are feeling this way. The threat of a strike is doing it's job!

Well...would you not be frustrated if you have one method to get to work Monday to Friday. this method being so unreliable that you cannot see your son before he goes to bed midweek. The commute to work is bad enough, the only relief from normal life I get is going to football. Those 90 minutes when you do not have to worry about anything else except those 11 blue and white heros on the pitch. So when you are now not able to do this and you are paying for the privilege...I think I have a right to be pissed off with the whole situation.

Im not taking sides, the whole thing needs to be resolved as its having a huge affect on many peoples lives!

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Its just come up on the SASTA thread, but buried right down on page 2,455 or something. Anyway, its fairly important news, so I thought it probably deserved bringing to the classes attention...

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1464...ductors_announce_plans_for_a_FIVE_day_strike/

CONDUCTORS on Southern Railway will walk out on strike for five days in a row over the future of their roles.

Members of the RMT Union will strike from 0001 on Monday August 8th to 2359 on Friday August 12th.

It follows proposals from Govia Thameslink Railway, the company which owns Southern, to change the role of the conductor which will remove the responsibility of closing the doors of the train.

Get ready for the two smallest attendences ever at the AMEX then...

The club should contact the Football League and Sky NOW and get the fixture moved to Saturday 13th (it's obvious really)

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Southern now want to get ACAS involved - would suggest threat of a five day strike means union is fed up and want it resolved as well. Someone will have to give way to resolve this permanently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The club should contact the Football League and Sky NOW and get the fixture moved to Saturday 13th (it's obvious really)

Nothing in it for the club by doing that though is there, other than missing out on a few burger and beer sales on the night due to a half empty stadium. They'd rather have the £100k from Sky I'm sure.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Nothing in it for the club by doing that though is there, other than missing out on a few burger and beer sales on the night due to a half empty stadium. They'd rather have the £100k from Sky I'm sure.

Anyone know Paul Barber's email address? I want to suggest it to him...

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Southern now want to get ACAS involved - would suggest threat of a five day strike means union is fed up and want it resolved as well. Someone will have to give way to resolve this permanently.

Did you miss the suggestion by the RMT where there would be no industrial action for 3 months if SASTA suspended their proposals for the same time whilst talks took place ? SASTA point blank refused, they couldn't even be bothered to turn up for a meeting with the RMT this week so why get ACAS involved ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here