NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If the OP drove from North Bersted (Bognor) through to Angmering, he'd know why ONLY 400 houses is almost unprotestable.

Indeed. We need to be building more than TWO SCHEMES THAT SIZE EVERY WORKING DAY to even get close to meeting the current demand.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That is the problem - there is no mention of doctors, hospitals, schools, dentists etc. Just a road diversion. The HTC response is a good read. Hailsham has gained 1200 houses recently with no new infrastructure and the doctors surgeries are rammed. The Eastbourne DGH has been downgraded. There is no rail link and no dualling to the north or west. You can't turn a small town into a big town just by building loads of houses.

Oh well then that's unacceptable. You can't just randomly build houses, you have to build things for the people in those houses, otherwise no one will want to live there. I skimmed through the response, and they have the very clear numbers for what's required, so it should not be difficult to work out how to include that into the plan.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I opened this just to see if I was interested. It turns out that I am not at all interested. I now feel ashamed that I opened it.There really should have been some sort of warning.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Oh well then that's unacceptable.

and in some areas unlawful as the local authorities have responsibility to provide the public services. so they will be provided, just not in the initial assigning areas to the local plan.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be fair, it's the wrong place. If you know the area, you will know that it is right at the end of Mile oak, tucked up to the bypass. The roads around here are very tight, being built in the sixties and overflowing with cars and especially vans. There is a real concern that if there is a fire in our area, fire engines will not get down some roads. NIMBY Or not, it is not the place...however, between foredown tower and fox way, the farmland there was allocated for housing but the farmer changed his mind. That is far more suitable.

This is in the National Park, your site is not.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would wager that it could be anywhere, and if it was in the OP's area it wouldn't be suitable.

Not at all..when we moved into mile oak 34 years ago, the Barratt developments off fox way, Hamilton close area and the warrior close areas didn't exist! The thing is with this is the access.
We live in Graham close which is really packed in, and we know the issues that causes...one family in our small close had 5 cars and parking became a nightmare.

Unless they go off mile oak road and build a spur road, which looking at the area, I can't see where that would be, then the exit to the estate would be a small area at the end of gorse road....which is just wide enough to get a couple of small cars side by side....

To the question about where they should go, that is fair enough...however with the estates we have had thrown up in the last 30 years, mile oak's population has doubled in that time...the suggestion should be the top of fox way and foredown tower...that is a huge open area and designated for housing in the past.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's ALWAYS about the effect on property prices :rolleyes:

Really? Have you seen the prices in mile oak? We have always had cheap affordable houses. It is not withdean you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here