Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marines V Paras (British)

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
There's a lot of Marines who are qualified parachutists ,not many Para who are Commandos

Always was the way that ALL "Royal" were parachute trained, I doubt that's changed.
Back to the question ... There has always been friendly rivalry between Bootnecks and Cherry Berets with equal respect shown. They can't exactly be compared, as though they both have the same agenda they are (still I imagine) trained with different logistical values. Primarily of course point and method of entry.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What do the Marines actually do apart from sailing around the world? They never see action do they.

:lolol: and i await the replies,you must sway towards the Paras like me then...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Always was the way that ALL "Royal" were parachute trained, I doubt that's changed.
[/LEFT]
Back to the question ... There has always been friendly rivalry between Bootnecks and Cherry Berets with equal respect shown. They can't exactly be compared, as though they both have the same agenda they are (still I imagine) trained with different logistical values. Primarily of course point and method of entry.​
its has never been the case that all marines were parachute trained , you're talking rubbish.​

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Back to the question ... There has always been friendly rivalry between Bootnecks and Cherry Berets with equal respect shown. They can't exactly be compared, as though they both have the same agenda they are (still I imagine) trained with different logistical values. Primarily of course point and method of entry.
Instead of just giving me a thumb s down why not respond to my post ? Or are you nust admitting that this post is uninformed crap ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So many "experts" yet so little comment worthy of the truth

Ok,i will ask you,allowing for horses for courses,would a marine find para training easier than marine training or vice versa?

Perhaps i am missing the point too,as others have pointed out,marines seem more "thinkers" too?

But surely paras are,they can't get lost? or is map reading etc just the basics,for any unit?

What truly makes any unit the "best"..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well im sorry but you are , where on earth have you got the idea that the marines and sbs 'never see any action '?

42 commando? 1982.... The marines have seen action.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Well im sorry but you are , where on earth have you got the idea that the marines and sbs 'never see any action '?

SBS have and do see action but not on the scale like the SAS. Any trouble anywhere in the world and then the SAS get the nod always.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here