Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disgrace

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
..... and some people point out that's against stadium regulations... just saying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
That for me is the point. Barber's regulations are cherry picked by stewards, which destroys their credibility.

Contrast this with the STH who couldn't go and faces losing his ST.

Word will get round that away fans can go in the home end and give it large, which will lead to more of a second hand market in home end tickets.

Total disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You do realise there are a number of season ticket holders, whose first club is not Brighton.

I know of 4 at least

Doesn't sound like this fella was a Brighton STH who also supports Chelsea. You wouldn't give it large to the people you sit with every week would you? I sit next to a self-confessed Man Utd fan but he gets totally behind us (though I'm interested to see what happens when we play them!)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A HUUUGE amount of hypocrisy here considering how many Brighton fans go in the home end of games up and down the country, including loads trying to buy tickets for our game at Villa last year.

If its alright for us to do it then its alright for them to do it

You're missing the point. Of course you're going to get some fans in the home end. We're talking about idiots giving it large and being abusive to the supporters around them. They should have been ejected and whoever sold them their season ticket should have it rescinded.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You're missing the point. Of course you're going to get some fans in the home end. We're talking about idiots giving it large and being abusive to the supporters around them. They should have been ejected and whoever sold them their season ticket should have it rescinded.

Oh obviously, yes. But no, the ticket should not be rescinded because the person used it was an idiot. Anyway, this is in the south stand apparently so presumably not a season ticket holder

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I couldn’t get to the match today but watched on tv. Did go to Saracens later in the afternoon. Next to me was a Northampton fan, vocal throughout. Good atmosphere, home fans very vocal, all friendly. But that’s rugby, fans mix, they drink beer watching the game. The culture of footy is far more tribal, and it’s more interesting for that. The EPL is sucking the life out of that slowly but hopefully they will fail. I am with you, at football home fans in the home end, away fans have their own end. If your away and go into a home end, sit on your hands and keep respectfully quiet or risk being ejected

On of the best every examples of that was st paddy's day and London Irish vs Ulster at the Maj! Got to the ground at 10:00 and finally got to bed in the maj hotel at 2 am. Fantastic craic with the Ulster fans , everyone sat together, banter and Guinness ...no one wanting to fight or swear at eachother , but both fans passionate about their team...that nomad bloke would have hated it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
There's a difference between just sitting in the home end and 'giving it large' to the fans around you. Unacceptable. Grass up whoever's seat it is.

Agreed. we had a Chelsea fan in front of us in a seat which clearly does not belong to a STH. He just clapped when they scored and was not in any way offensive to the home fans. I can live with that as there might be an occasion I would do the same at an Albion away match. If, however, they start being loud and give gestures at those around them, they deserve all they get. as stated, this wasn't a regular season ticket holder's seat -if you are a STH, it really behoves you to be so careful to whom you give your ticket (yes, I know!!)

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
A couple in the 1901 East stand giving it large when they scored ,and then gesturing to Albion fans,stewards looked at them and got on with gurning at people .
And not a prawn sandwich or tie in sight from them ...very disrespectful .

This is football in 2018.

I think the truth is, we are all closet Chelsea fans first and foremost who follow the Albion as a pastime. A bit like a Professional train enthusiast, who goes home and plays with his toy train for comfort.

Ok I'm joking, beforre I'm subject of a 2000BC neanderthal attack........ but we lost FFS get over it instead of conducting pathetic witch hunts.

It is not the end of the world.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Am I right in thinking that no Brighton fans ever buy tickets for the home ends when we're away?

Went to Stamford Bridge on Seagull Travel and sat in Home Stand with friends season ticket....Didn`t shout about it when we scored mainly because we didn`t!!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
As others have said, can't blame them for searching out home tickets. I've done it West Ham and Chelsea this season but would never go OTT.

The issue is the lack of class from some of the Chelsea scum.

el punal

Sorry to hear all the angst among so many of our fans. I sit in the West Upper and I must be very lucky. All around me are mainly true Albion fans who have been ever present since we moved to the Amex in 2011. Not only that, but there are no perennial moaning tw*ts either. Still, a few pre-match pints of Guinness helps so I can forgive everybody, including the bloke that drops his guts two rows in front. There really is no escape from that and with roof just above us it's a case of having to live with biological warfare! :eek:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. we had a Chelsea fan in front of us in a seat which clearly does not belong to a STH. He just clapped when they scored and was not in any way offensive to the home fans. I can live with that as there might be an occasion I would do the same at an Albion away match. If, however, they start being loud and give gestures at those around them, they deserve all they get. as stated, this wasn't a regular season ticket holder's seat -if you are a STH, it really behoves you to be so careful to whom you give your ticket (yes, I know!!)

Yup. I took my ex boss to our game against Watford when they beat us to secure promotion. Basically sat on his hands the whole game - which is how it’s done if at all. If you’re in enemy territory then sit down and shut the **** up, or **** off. And no colours, even kids (yes, the family with the kid in full Liverpool kit sat a few seats away from me when we played them, and the 6ish year old that was in a Chelsea shirt getting pictures with Gully yesterday in front of WSL. Bad parenting).

olivepine

Feb 3, 2018
I thought Brighton fans were better than this! The Chelsea fan was my guest / friend, I am a Brighton season ticket holder who has been going to the Albion for over 35 years and has been to over 80% of games home and away this season. As a Brighton fan I was embarrassed by the abuse we got but thankfully it was only a small minority that had a moan and not everyone in that section are so narrow minded. Very sad that we have this sort of pathetic behavior still at football, glad that it is not 1982 where violence was associated with football. Thankfully we are not still in the 80's and that most people have the intelligence to realise that people can support whatever team they want and that you can just go to a game and enjoy a good game of football. So I am not "disgrace" just a loyal Brighton fan who is capable of going to game with people who support the other team, its not me that needs to "take a look in mirror"!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I thought Brighton fans were better than this! The Chelsea fan was my guest / friend, I am a Brighton season ticket holder who has been going to the Albion for over 35 years and has been to over 80% of games home and away this season. As a Brighton fan I was embarrassed by the abuse we got but thankfully it was only a small minority that had a moan and not everyone in that section are so narrow minded. Very sad that we have this sort of pathetic behavior still at football, glad that it is not 1982 where violence was associated with football. Thankfully we are not still in the 80's and that most people have the intelligence to realise that people can support whatever team they want and that you can just go to a game and enjoy a good game of football. So I am not "disgrace" just a loyal Brighton fan who is capable of going to game with people who support the other team, its not me that needs to "take a look in mirror"!

No,you're quite clearly a ****.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Football crowds are segregated. Anonymous aways might be just about tolerated (just about) as long as they sit down , shut up and don’t out themselves.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

If you insist on bringing a fan of the opposing team into home territory as your guest, then tell him to sit down and shut up (and enjoy the game as you so eloquently put). It's a little thing called respect.

If this thread is anything to go by, it sounds like he was enjoying himself a little too much at the expense of the home fans around him (some people get off on this kind of thing especially as they know they can get away with it in the modern day). You should be pretty ashamed of that and in other parts of the ground it might be deemed worth a ban to clump him one. Must admit I would probably be running the risk analysis through my head if someone behaved like that near me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hi, I'm Ned Ryerson :wave:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
As others have said, can't blame them for searching out home tickets. I've done it West Ham and Chelsea this season but would never go OTT.

The issue is the lack of class from some of the Chelsea scum.

I've done this at selhurst & sat in the holmesdale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here