Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not wishing to be pedantic, but Dale's passing stats this season are approximately 64% forwards 36% backwards. Both Delaney and Propper are practically identical, both with 63% forwards 37% backwards.

Dale's pass completion is 85%, Propper's is 79% and Delaney's only 71%.

He is not my favourite player by any means, but his stats prove he is not as bad as some think.

He is the current NSC whipping boy, could move on to Duffy shortly I think. We do need one you know,

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
King scores goals. Something our current midfield does not do.
And Propper has looked tired of late. Unsurprising after playing every PL game since joining. He's used to a winter break.
We're missing Sidders badly I feel. Both for his experience and his leadership.
Added depth and competition surely must be a plus?

FWIW I think Propper will be much more useful once we have the speedster up front. His range of passing is not fully utilised by our lumbersome front line.

It's not often, but I disagree with most of this:
-- King's record is hardly stunning. Check out Propper's record for Holland, where he plays a little more advanced.
-- Propper really didn't look tired yesterday, he was all over the place, and had an excellent game
-- missing Sidwell? He'd just give loads of free kicks away, especially around our penalty area.
-- we do, however, need added depth, quality and competition in CM
-- both Gross' and Propper's range of passing would benefit from a speedster up front

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Listening to Total Football podcast their guest Miles Jacobson, director of Football Manager says that even after signing Locadia we are still one of 6 clubs interested in Dembélé. Don’t know how ITK he is but interesting if true.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Listening to Total Football podcast their guest Miles Jacobson, director of Football Manager says that even after signing Locadia we are still one of 6 clubs interested in Dembélé. Don’t know how ITK he is but interesting if true.

It could be argued it makes it more likely.

I dont know how much money Bloom is prepared to throw at our survival hopes but if he is thinking along the same lines as the support then he knows we need two strikers.

Rumours that Dembele doesn't fancy the move, if so perhaps he will have watched the game on Saturday and thought he could make a difference, also may be looking at us signing Locadia and thinking, well they're clearly showing ambition to stay up.

Who knows?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Argus talks about a striker to replace Izzy Brown rather than a direct replacement.

No talk of a Sidwell replacement yet, so that could imply Groß being the 4th central midfielder if we get a 5th striker, and/or an increased role for Molumby.

So, looking like just 1 striker in ( unless the Goldson loan happens ).

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I think Dembele, thinks he is better than he is. Waiting on a top club to come in for him, not happened yet so unlikely too. He needs to look a bit lower prove he can cut it in the league with a struggling team, then the big boys will come calling. Or he is just happy carrying on the in the Mickey Mouse league.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would be lovely to sign a player today, but we don't have a league game for a over a week now, so I guess the pressure is off / the horse has bolted?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think Dembele, thinks he is better than he is. Waiting on a top club to come in for him, not happened yet so unlikely too. He needs to look a bit lower prove he can cut it in the league with a struggling team, then the big boys will come calling. Or he is just happy carrying on the in the Mickey Mouse league.

He should perhaps look at Van Dijk’s path, Celtic>Southampton>Liverpool. No harm in building a reputation at a ‘smaller’ club in the Premier League first, but sadly too many young players have a Billy Big Bollocks attitude from the start.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
BOTTOM OF PAGE 2!
Thats where I found this thread. Disgraceful. Need some rumours. Need some optimism.

I don't think we've recovered from the Locadia signing yet! My feeling is another striker will come in and Hemed will go. We will also see a CM plus a CB, so 3 more in 1 out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's interesting to consider the implications if Chelsea don't cancel the Izzy Brown loan.

We are allowed 2 loans in total ( from England ).

If Goldson is to go out on loan, it may mean a loan is required to replace him.

It may also be that striker 2 is to be a loan.

Striker 2 may well be a buy, but an Ulloa/Hemed additional upgrade as well would require a loan.

Another issue : If striker 2 is U21 ( ie Dembele ) then we have room in the 25 for a midfield signing.

If striker 2 is, say, Fyodor Smolov or Florin Andone, and over 21, then to also bring in an over 21 midfielder we'd probably need to loan out Skalak.

Lots of connected possibilities, but let's just get striker 2 in soon and take it from there.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's not often, but I disagree with most of this:
-- King's record is hardly stunning. Check out Propper's record for Holland, where he plays a little more advanced.
-- Propper really didn't look tired yesterday, he was all over the place, and had an excellent game
-- missing Sidwell? He'd just give loads of free kicks away, especially around our penalty area.
-- we do, however, need added depth, quality and competition in CM
-- both Gross' and Propper's range of passing would benefit from a speedster up front

Other than Schelotto, I thought Propper was our next best player Saturday, his late arrival into the box to crash Gross's cross onto the post is what we need to see more of. When Propper and Gross look up, which they both do, they are lucky if they see 2 decent options going forward, let alone 3 or 4. Our lack of pace means defences are pushing right up as Bournemouth did, with Izquierdo benefitting but unfortunately not finishing. Some extra pace up front will hopefully change that and give a bit more dynamism to our forward play.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
It's interesting to consider the implications if Chelsea don't cancel the Izzy Brown loan.

We are allowed 2 loans in total ( from England ).

If Goldson is to go out on loan, it may mean a loan is required to replace him.

It may also be that striker 2 is to be a loan.

Striker 2 may well be a buy, but an Ulloa/Hemed additional upgrade as well would require a loan.

Another issue : If striker 2 is U21 ( ie Dembele ) then we have room in the 25 for a midfield signing.

If striker 2 is, say, Fyodor Smolov or Florin Andone, and over 21, then to also bring in an over 21 midfielder we'd probably need to loan out Skalak.

Lots of connected possibilities, but let's just get striker 2 in soon and take it from there.

Is there any reason Chelsea shouldn't cancel Brown's loan? Surely his wages are covered by insurance?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Other than Schelotto, I thought Propper was our next best player Saturday, his late arrival into the box to crash Gross's cross onto the post is what we need to see more of. When Propper and Gross look up, which they both do, they are lucky if they see 2 decent options going forward, let alone 3 or 4. Our lack of pace means defences are pushing right up as Bournemouth did, with Izquierdo benefitting but unfortunately not finishing. Some extra pace up front will hopefully change that and give a bit more dynamism to our forward play.

Pace and speed of play are crucial. Look at Liverpool last night, slow build up play meant they lost to Swansea, compared with how fast they played against City.

If we could increase the speed of our passing we'd pull teams out of shape and make many more goal scoring opportunities.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Goldson, a bit of an enigma.
He doesn't get much game time but when he does he justifies his selection, yet we don't see him again for ages.
There are other players that I would loan out before considering him to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here