Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampoonery on NSC...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the Duffy one started with something like... "I thought I should start a thread about one of the few players yet to be criticised this evening..."

I was also simultaneously posting on other threads where I was being positive about our players.

With hindsight, on an evening when Dale Stephens and Pascal Gross were fair game I should not have assumed that criticism of Duffy, Ryan and Propper would be transparently ridiculous...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The Duffy one was the easiest to spot when you titled it Shame Duffy.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This is precisely my point about lampoonery.

Is it impossible on NSC?

I tried really hard to signal that my posts were jokes and taking the piss out of the kneejerk critics but I seem to have failed almost completely.

If the multiple slagging off posts was your attempt at humour you failed dismally, don't give up the day job...!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The whole point of NSC is that while we might support Brighton, we don't all necessarily enjoy it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Me, I'm not buying it. I think you were being serious and you expected people to back you up as we had just been stuffed. Unfortunately for you, you didnt get the comfort you required, so now you are saying it was just a bit of "banter" and everyone who thinks otherwise is a moron!

Just kidding... or am I.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
IMG_0129.JPG

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Maybe he's 'just having his views' as seemed to be popular for a period years ago.

Oh and not buying it at all (although this MAY not be serious and I MAY be fishing in a small pond) :moo:

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I find after a match we have lost it is best to click cancel rather than send after writing a comment. Next morning you are good to go again.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yet you seem to have taken my Glenn Murray post as having a go at him.

I’ll add giveaway smilies in future to save you looking like a moron or something.
No need to justify your TROLLING.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So you were pissed? As someone who hardly touches the demon drink I really thought you were being a miserable sod or attention seeking. Either way it was extremely annoying and tiresome.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What are you going on about? :shrug:

No one bit on your Shame Duffy thread, and those that replied joked amoung themselves.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What are you going on about? :shrug:

No one bit on your Shame Duffy thread, and those that replied joked among themselves.

Why did you feel the need to chip in with these words of wisdom...?

1. I've explained that the main aim was to lampoon the kneejerk critics and make a joke at their expense - I didn't want anyone else to "bite" and did nothing to encourage that.

2. In the interests of accuracy you could look again at the Duffy thread and see the several unpleasantly personal and aggressive responses.

Can people stop posting bollocks about this, please? Unless they are LAMPOONING. [emoji846]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That is the RIGHT answer. And it points me at a deeper truth... I didn't do that, or add a giveaway smiley, as I did want to wind up what I thought would be a very few people MORONIC enough to even consider that such posts could be serious. So I guess I was FISHING a bit in a small pond.

The trouble is that sometimes folk who generally come across as 'normal' will reveal their inner numpty by posting something jaw droppingly idiotic. Also, I can think of one poster who has a thematic comedy persona, and yet posts seemingly serious polictical posts that beggar belief. I can't work out whether he's a comedy genius, troll or idiot. Possibly all three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here