Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'd rather have Carlton Banks.

2016-06-16-15-07-11-600448669.jpg

It's a no from me. :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why is that?

I dont think that he would be a realistic signing now so hope not.

I'm still getting over your Agbonlahor comment!

Carlton Cole is a lazy git and would be lucky to get a start with a League 1 outfit.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He arrived at Parkhead in October and played a total of 77 minutes across four league appearances - that suggests he has major fitness issues.

If we were going to go after player who played for Celtic last season would much prefer it to be Saidy Janko, Nir Bitton or Tom Rogic.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Declared bankrupt :nono:

Carlton Cole has been declared bankrupt despite earning millions over a 16-year career playing in the Premier League and for England.

Most known for his time at West Ham, Cole once earned up to £80,000 per week.

The 34-year-old was told of the verdict at London's High Cour t and hopes his desperate situation can be awarning to young players exposed to the riches of the modern game.

"I hope my story will help young footballers to take responsibility for who they listen to and take advice from," Cole said.

"Unfortunately, I didn’t realise what was going on until my career was in the latter years and too late for me to turn things around. I may have been a West Ham legend on the pitch but my ability off the pitch to manage my money was anything but legendary"

Cole enjoyed a fine career after coming through the ranks at Chelsea, including seven caps for England, and is considered a Premier League legend.

His best spell came at West Ham, with 293 appearances and 68 goals for the Hammers over nine years.

"Carlton Cole is currently working mentoring young people and footballers about the pitfalls of life and money, this selfless act will help many potential young footballers from falling into the same pitfalls Carlton Cole has." a statement on behalf of the player from the Sun read.

"He will be going into more detail in the coming weeks about the advice that contributed to this situation and the people he had around him who had a negative effect on his career and finances."

Cole's future will be in youth development, with the launch of his CCTwelve Football Academy in East London.

Kids from aged seven to 14 will have the opportunity to play against professional academies and prove their worth.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
"Unfortunately, I didn’t realise what was going on until my career was in the latter years and too late for me to turn things around. I may have been a West Ham legend on the pitch but my ability off the pitch to manage my money was anything but legendary"

Ok Carlton. Course you were son , course you were

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Cole enjoyed a fine career after coming through the ranks at Chelsea, including seven caps for England, and is considered a Premier League legend.

:fishing:

Dreadful player, didn't deserve a penny of what he earned. Not happy to see a man declared bankrupt though, feel for him and his family. I hope he enjoyed it while it lasted.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Ok Carlton. Course you were son , course you were

Er, another piece of crodo magic I think you'll find. :lolol:

Absolute class.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody hell. That is mis-management on a mass scale? Badly advised or blatantly being ripped off but those around him?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
At least he is showing some contrition and trying to give something back. Don't see what the abuse is for on this occasion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bloody hell. That is mis-management on a mass scale? Badly advised or blatantly being ripped off but those around him?

Bit of both I would guess, along with a large measure of being blindingly stupid at the time - hope he's learned something from it, and good that he's helping others too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here